Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 02, 2015
Care Logistics® announced today the launch and availability of Regional Intake Logistics, a component of the Hospital Operating System™ that powers efficient, consistent central admissions across multiple system facilities to ensure proper clinical evaluation and appropriate placements.
“Regional Intake Logistics expands the power of centralized intake hub to best assess patient needs and place them in the most appropriate facility within a hospital system,” said Jim Rosenblum, executive vice president and CTO of Care Logistics. “Doctors and patients benefit from faster admissions to the facilities that best meets patient needs, all coordinated effectively by a single dedicated person in the regional intake hub.”
This release of Regional Intake Logistics delivers the following capabilities and benefits:
- Easily directs patients to the most appropriate facility based on any or all of the following criteria: clinical specialty, level of care, physician relationships, daily census, appropriate bed availability and patient preference
- Increases satisfaction for referring physicians and hospitals by providing access to multiple facilities through a unified registration process triggered by a single call, with a single point of contact until the case is resolved
- Reduces costs significantly by consolidating multiple facility intake centers into one
- Provides reports and dashboards of intake cases based on single facilities or combinations, including referring facilities, accepting physicians, and denial analysis
Regional Intake Logistics extends the capabilities of the initial Intake Logistics release, with functionality that includes:
- Admit patients at the right level of care promptly, with total visibility for patients, doctors and nurses
- Make physicians happier with better communications and eliminating multiple calls to admit patients
- Process all admissions requests the same way in one place to accurately and consistently assess patient medical needs
- Orchestrate fast, appropriate patient admission and bed placement
- Secure all required resources before patient arrival to minimize admission and care delays
- Flag likely or actual readmissions early so caregivers can tailor patient care plans accordingly
- Record all events and communications from processing admissions for audit
About Care Logistics: Care Logistics partners with hospitals to provide the only logistical control system for patient throughput. It combines breakthrough approaches to care coordination and throughput efficiency with powerful hospital logistics software. The result: Reliable and predictable operations that dramatically improve throughput, care quality, patient experience and financial performance.
Care Logistics operates with a single, purposeful goal: Customer First, Dramatic Results.
For more information, contact Care Logistics at (800) 930-0870, or learn more about the dramatic results Care Logistics customers are achieving at carelogistics.com.