LAS VEGAS, Nev. (PRWEB) March 25, 2015
The indoor agriculture industry’s explosive growth and estimated $9 billion future is charted in a new 52-page whitepaper written by Indoor Agriculture Conference organizers, founders and partners.
The whitepaper reveals the immense opportunity and constantly developing technology in the industry. Today, there are an estimated 15 commercial-scale indoor farms in the U.S., but that number is expected to climb to 45 by the end of this year alone. And the addressable market size of the industry is 17 times its current size, setting the industry up for billions of dollars of growth as it matures.
Here are some of the key facts from Indoor Crop Production: Feeding the Future:
- Grocers lose approximately $15 billion per year in spoiled or unsold produce
- “Local food” demand grew from $1 billion in 2005 to $7 billion in 2014
- 39 states in the nation farm less produce than they consume, an unmet demand that indoor agriculture can help alleviate
- The indoor agriculture sector is large, but has met a fraction of its potential; the US indoor agriculture addressable market size is $9 billion, or 17 times the current market size and more than 4 times the size of the medical marijuana market
- The sector is undergoing explosive growth; there are 15 commercial-scale vertical and rooftop greenhouse farms in the U.S. today, but another 30 or so are under development.
The entire whitepaper will be available on March 31 at the Indoor Ag-Con’s website: indoor.ag. It will also be printed and distributed to all Indoor Ag-Con attendees.
The international indoor agriculture conference takes place in Las Vegas on March 31 and April 1. The event draws attendees from around the world, and showcases some of the biggest names in vertical farming, container farming, hydroponics, aquaponics, aeroponics and other associated technologies and growing systems. Attendees and exhibitors include Village Farms, Hort Americas, Church Brothers, Hollandia Produce, Driscoll’s, Taylor Farms and Houweling’s Tomatoes.
Food+Tech Connect has selected Indoor Ag-Con as one of the must-attend events of the 2015.
Indoor Agriculture Conference
- Dates – March 31st and April 1st 2015
- Place – MeetLV, Downtown Las Vegas
- Ticket Prices – from $299
- Features – vendors, ‘ask me anything’ sessions with leading industry CEOs, drinks party on first night at 24 hour venue.
For more Information visit http://www.indoor.ag or call 775.623.7116