San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) March 25, 2015
Many experts are touting this spring as the best time to visit Europe in years, with a very favorable exchange rate along with cheaper prices for flights and hotels. Travelers also know the shoulder season is a great time to avoid crowds and maximize time exploring important historic sites and popular attractions. Viator – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – has selected some of the best VIP tours and special activities for exploring Europe’s most exciting attractions like an insider, including Holland’s famous tulips, the Vatican and Sistine Chapel, Versailles, the Louvre and more.
Rome’s history and archaeological landmarks make it a great place to visit year-round, but the atmosphere is electric in spring as tens of thousands of people make a pilgrimage to the Vatican over Easter. Viator features a selection of private, skip the line and VIP tours that span the best of Vatican City, including St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican museums, secret rooms and gardens, tickets for a Papal Audience with Pope Francis I, and more.
- The once-in-a-lifetime Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private Viewing and Small-Group Tour of the Vatican’s Secret Rooms provides exclusive, unprecedented access to the Niccoline Chapel, the Room of Gold and Raphael’s Rooms, normally off-limits to the public. Entry through a reserved door enables guests to skip all lines – even priority ones.
- Start your day at the Vatican with a lavish buffet breakfast in the Pinecone Courtyard followed by a small-group tour around the museum and St. Peter’s Basilica on Viator’s Vatican VIP Experience: Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican with Early Access to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel.
- Enjoy a gourmet meal fit for a Roman Emperor on the Hotel Forum’s rooftop restaurant overlooking Ancient Rome, followed by a nighttime Colosseum tour without the daytime crowds on the Viator VIP: Exclusive Rome Rooftop Dinner and Colosseum Night Tour Including Underground Chambers.
- Avoid long lines with Viator’s Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Tickets and avoid crowds with the Early Access: Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums Ticket, providing access before the doors are opened to the public.
Nothing says “spring” more than the colorful bulbs of Amsterdam, and there’s no better place to see Holland’s famous tulips than at Keukenhof Gardens, the largest blub park in the world and home to a stunning display of more than seven million flowers. Since Keukenhof is one of Holland’s most popular attractions and only open for eight weeks in the springtime, it’s always a busy spot. But Viator’s selection of Skip the Line tours provides ample opportunity for travelers to maximize their time and explore at their own pace.
- Bypass long lines at Keukenhof Gardens and beat the museum crowds with the Amsterdam Combo: Skip-The-Line Keukenhof Gardens and Van Gogh Museum with Canal Cruise.
- The Skip the Line: Keukenhof Gardens Tour and Tulip Farm Visit from Amsterdam provides an unforgettable opportunity to view springtime blooms in full beauty.
- Dive into a sea of color and fragrance on the all-inclusive Behind-the-Scenes Keukenhof Gardens Day Trip from Amsterdam Including Picnic Lunch and Haarlem Walking Tour.
Paris is always a good idea, but it’s a particularly good idea in the spring, with flowering public gardens and boulevards made for strolling hand-in-hand. Viator’s VIP and Exclusive Tours and Private and Custom Tours provide a one-of-a-kind experience travelers won’t soon forget, and numerous skip the line products help travelers avoid spending too much of their day waiting in long lines.
- See the Palace of Versailles as French kings once did with the Viator VIP: Palace of Versailles Small-Group Tour with Private Viewing of the Royal Quarters, which includes priority entrance to Versailles through a reserved door and unprecedented access to magnificent private rooms, which are normally off-limits to the public.
- The Viator Exclusive: Private Paris Tour by Citron 2CV, uniquely created for Viator and available nowhere else, provides plenty of photo ops of top attractions including Moulin Rouge, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame.
- Discover striking Gothic architecture, medieval artifacts and centuries of history and artistic heritage on the Private Tour: Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte Chapelle and Musee National de Moyen Age.
- The Skip the Line Evening Louvre Tour and Wine Tasting lets overs of art and wine explore the museum’s masterpieces without the daytime crowds, and continue the fun at Ô Chateau with a flight of wine plus charcuterie and cheese tastings.
- Brand new: So much to see but maybe not enough time? Fast track with a small group of 6 past the lines and directly to the gallery’s most impressive treasures during the Skip the Line Small Group Louvre Masterpieces Express Tour.
For more information on these and thousands of other amazing travel experiences as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 315 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 24 other travel media brands: airfarewatchdog.com, bookingbuddy.com, cruisecritic.com, everytrail.com, familyvacationcritic.com, flipkey.com, thefork.com (including lafourchette.com, eltenedor.com and iens.nl), gateguru.com, holidaylettings.co.uk, holidaywatchdog.com, independenttraveler.com, jetsetter.com, niumba.com, onetime.com, oyster.com, seatguru.com, smartertravel.com, tingo.com, travelpod.com, tripbod.com, vacationhomerentals.com, viator.com, virtualtourist.com, and kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December 2014
**Source: Google Analytics, average monthly unique users, Q3 2014; does not include traffic to daodao.com