We are committed to supporting learning in the broadest and deepest terms whenever and wherever it happens. That work is reflected in our new name – P21, Partnership for 21st Century Learning - Dr. Helen Soule, P21 Executive Director
Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 26, 2015
Today, P21 (formerly Partnership for 21st Century Skills), has announced the organization’s expanded vision and direction for the global conversation on 21st century learning at the 2015 Summit on 21st Century Learning.
“We live in a world where change is constant and learning never stops,” said Executive Director Dr. Helen Soulé. “As attendees will learn at our 2-day Summit for 21st Century Learning, we are committed to supporting learning in the broadest and deepest terms whenever and wherever it happens. That work is reflected in our new name – P21, Partnership for 21st Century Learning.”
The P21 Summit kicks off today at the Marriott Marquis in Washington DC, bringing together leading minds in education leadership, policy, and practice, with interactive hands-on sessions from by P21 partners and Exemplar Schools. Attendees will experience first-hand how 21st century learning happens everywhere, from early learning to beyond school environments, and discover ways to make innovative and meaningful learning a reality for all kids.
The event features a unique mix of business, education and policy leaders from over 100 organizations, top state education leaders, and educators from over 26 school districts across the country, including 18 Exemplar Schools.
- Dr. June St. Clair Atkinson, North Carolina State Superintendent and President of the CCSSO Board of Directors
- Dr. Rebecca Holcombe, Vermont Secretary of Education
- Dr. Terry Holliday, Kentucky Commissioner of Education
- Dr. James H. Johnson Jr. Director, Urban Investment Strategies Center, Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise, University of North Carolina
- Dr. John H. Jackson President and CEO, The Schott Foundation for Public Education
- Brian Kelly, Editor of U.S. World & News Report
- Fredi Lajvardi, Nationally recognized STEM Educator, and subject of the critically acclaimed documentary Underwater DREAMS, as well as the major motion picture, Spare Parts
- Stephan Turnipseed, President Emeritus of LEGO Education and Chair of P21
- Students from the Ford Next Generation Learning Initiative and Cheryl Carrier, Executive Director, Ford Next Generation Learning
For more information about the Summit on 21st Century Learning, please visit http://www.p21.org/Summit2015
About P21: unites business, government and education leaders from the U.S. and abroad to help prepare all learners for a world where change is constant and learning never stops. Representing over 5 million members of the global workforce, P21 advances evidence-based education policy and practice to make innovative approaches to teaching and learning a reality everywhere. For more information visit P21 at http://www.p21.org and @P21Learning.
P21 Members: American Camp Association, American Federation of Teachers, Apple Inc., Asia Society, Bahcesehir K-12 Schools, Cable Impacts Foundation, The College Board, Common Sense Media, Crayola, Destination Imagination, Duck Learning, EdLeader21, EF Education, Education Networks of America, Fisher-Price, Ford Motor Company Fund, Future Problem Solving Program International, Gale Cengage Learning, Goddard Systems Inc., Intel Corporation, Learning.com, LEGO Education, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, National Education Association, PBS, Pearson, Project Management Institute Educational Foundation, U.S. Fund for UNICEF, VIF International Education, and The Walt Disney Company.
P21 Leadership States: Arizona, California, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Wisconsin and West Virginia.