New York, NY (PRWEB) March 26, 2015
Nuxeo, provider of the Nuxeo Platform, a highly customizable and extensible content management platform for building business applications, announced availability of the Nuxeo Platform Fast Track 7.2. This latest release provides several improvements including Server-Side Automation Scripting, new developer capabilities, and a major release of Nuxeo Drive.
New features and improvements in the Nuxeo Platform FT 7.2 include:
- Server-Side Scripting for the Automation Service - Nuxeo Platform 7.2 introduces Automation Scripting. The Automation Service is a high-level, extensible, command-oriented API for the platform, allowing to create business logic (Automation Chains) by assembling reusable logic blocks (Operations).
- Workflow REST API: A new endpoint in the REST API enables easy and natural interaction with processes, including process start, task management, instance listing, and task dashboards. Developers can now connect third party applications to Nuxeo Workflow or develop new user interfaces and applications faster, in the same way they access and interact with content.
- Improved Data and Field Validation: Forms can now validate user entry based on advanced schema-defined rules and display a customizable message to the user.
- Enhanced Media Renditions: All videos and picture conversions are now exposed as renditions in the Nuxeo Platform. Thanks to this, all are available through APIs (CMIS, REST) in the same unified way and it’s now possible to control rendition link visibility and generation trigger (pre-rendered, on demand, cached or not, etc.).
- Bulk Generation of Renditions: A new menu entry has been added in the admin center that allow re-computation of all existing renditions (aka Picture Views) based on a query. This is particularly useful when new conversions are added or changed at low level and you want to apply them over your existing assets (ex: add a retina rendition format for mobile users).
- Pluggable Marshalling: The Nuxeo Platform now uses a central entity marshalling service which makes it possible to add new marshallers. This enables developers to take over part of the complete marshalling step and change the way entities are represented as JSON either to accept new formats, or to output different formats depending upon use case or application.
- Better Desktop Sync with Nuxeo Drive 2.0: There has been a major refactoring of the Nuxeo Drive product that includes a new user interface, multi-repository support, and massive performance enhancements. Drive can also now handle more files. Long operations (such as remote full scan) can now be interrupted and resumed.
- Release Notes: http://nuxeo.github.io/releasenotes/7.2/index.html
- Download: http://www.nuxeo.com/downloads/
- Try: http://connect.nuxeo.com/register/#/
Nuxeo dramatically improves how content-based applications are built, managed and deployed, making customers more agile, innovative and successful. Nuxeo provides a next generation, enterprise ready platform for building traditional and cutting-edge content oriented applications. Combining a powerful application development environment with SaaS-based tools and a modular architecture, the Nuxeo Platform and Products provide clear business value to some of the most recognizable brands including Verizon, Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Boeing. Nuxeo is headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at http://www.nuxeo.com.