The summit will feature a number of biomass projects and key stakeholders involved in meeting Japan’s target of increasing power generation from renewable sources to 50 percent by 2020.
Tokyo, Japan (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
Anticipation is building for the 4 day intensive summit that will feature a number of biomass projects and key stakeholders involved in meeting Japan’s target of increasing power generation from renewable sources to 50 percent by 2020. Among the who’s who are – Yoshinobu Kusano, General Manager, Biomass Business Team, Sumitomo Corporation sharing an overview of ‘Japanese Biomass Potential in Power Generating Industry’ and Hiroki Mori, Technology Management Division, First Energy Service Co. Ltd. (FESCO) speaking on ‘Operational Updates of FESCO's Biomass Power Plants’.
One of the most striking sessions is the ‘Potential Business Opportunities for Wood Pellets in Japan’ delivered by Shintaro Ikeda, Assistant Manager, Energy Trading Dept., Sojitz Corporation. Addressing the key topic of ‘Biomass Availability within Japan’ is Miyuki Tomari, President, Biomass Industrial Society Network (BIN).
The summit also brings a slew of interesting sessions:
· 2015 & Beyond: Japan’s Need for Imported Biomass – Indufor Asia Pacific Ltd
· Regulation of Renewables in Japan: Biomass & Other Alternatives to Solar – White & Case
· The Soft Energy Revolution Towards Japan 2020 – Spanner KK
· Waste to Energy Growth Development & Economics in Japan – EnerOne Inc.
· Specification Development & Challenges of the Japanese’s Requirement for Imported Wood Pellets & Other Biomass – Control Union Certifications Korea Co., Ltd.
· Evaluating Competitive Biomass Supply for Japan – Global Green Synergy Sdn. Bhd.
· Japanese Traders’ Perspective on Biomass Imports – Itochu Corporation
Plus, the summit has included fringe activities – a pre-conference workshop on ‘Biomass Application in Co-Firing & Dedicated Power Generation’, a post conference workshop on ‘Doing Business in Japan’s Biomass Power Sector’ followed by dinner at Kirin Beer Port Restaurant and lastly, a biomass power plant visit to Chubu Electric’s Hekinan Thermal Power Station.
View event website or contact Ms. Hafizah at +65 6346 9218 for more details.