Vista, California (PRWEB) March 28, 2015
Luther Burbank, the "Wizard of Santa Rosa" astounded the gardening world in the early 1900's with the first known graft of a tomato stem onto potato roots. His comment that "...the results of this strange alliance were interesting to the last degree" was definitely an understatement. The practicality of such a vegetable union was way ahead of its time and horticulturists have strived to perfect this possibility for the last century.
Now, American grafting leaders, SuperNaturals Grafted Vegetables, LLC (creators of the Mighty 'Mato brand) have brought Burbank's vision to reality with the release of Ketchup ‘n’ Fries™ by TomTato®. Specialty hand-grafted plants are being offered to American gardeners in the 2015 growing season for the first time! This recent effort has been in the works for over 15 years in Europe and was released into the British market as TomTato® in 2014. Plug Connection in San Diego County holds the exclusive production rights for starter plants that will be shipped to growers all over North America. Look for plants to appear in your local garden center along with spring vegetables.
- Harvest both tomatoes and potatoes from this unique plant
- Incredible innovation in vegetable growing
- All natural, hand-grafted process; non-GMO
- Tomatoes for snacking, salads, sauces and ketchup
- Potatoes can be baked, boiled, mashed, roasted and cut for chips and fries
- Grow in the vegetable garden or in a patio container