Oakland, CA (PRWEB) March 30, 2015
The Oakland Athletics Baseball Club, Visit Oakland, the City of Oakland, and Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce will lead off Oakland A’s Spirit Week on Monday, March 30 to celebrate the start of the regular season. The celebration will last all week until Monday, April 6, which is the Opening Night for A’s at the O.co Coliseum vs. the Texas Rangers.
During this citywide celebration, fans are encouraged to show their team spirit by wearing A’s apparel or green and gold all week.
Other Oakland A’s Spirit Week initiatives include:
- AC Transit bus headers to read “Go A’s” on all buses
- An A’s flag to fly atop Oakland City Hall
- An A’s flag to fly atop the historic Tribune Tower
- Hotel frontline staff to wear Oakland A’s hats
- Oakland A’s sunglasses and schedules available at Visit Oakland Visitor Center
- Oakland A’s Opening Night on Monday, April 6 at O.co Coliseum vs. the Texas Rangers
In addition, Play Ball 5K, an inaugural run hosted by Corrigan Sports in partnership with the Oakland A’s Community Fund, will be held on Saturday, April 11 at 9 a.m. at O.co Coliseum.
Follow A’s Spirit Week on social media using #GreenCollar.
About Visit Oakland
Visit Oakland is a non-profit organization marketing Oakland, California as a travel destination. Visit Oakland offers a wide variety of complimentary services and materials for travelers interested in visiting Oakland. For more information, see our website at http://www.visitoakland.org. Want to share the Oakland love with the world? Join the 17,000 people who #OaklandLoveIt on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.