Boulder, CO. (PRWEB) April 01, 2015
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), a leading IT and data management research and consulting firm, today announced it will host a research webinar entitled “How to Preempt a Data Breach: New Techniques & Tools for Early Behavior Detection, Containment, & Response.”
EMA is coming out with a new research report this month entitled "Data Driven Security Reloaded" (the third report in the data driven security series).
Some key findings include:
- 41% of respondents said their largest frustration with IT security practices was it was too difficult to distinguish legitimate from malicious activities. (second highest after lack of personnel)
- 38% of respondents said their most significant frustration with IT security technology was lack of solution interoperability/integration. (Most common response)
- 57% of respondents said in the next one to three years they expect to see the greatest expansion of effort focused on improving information security through the analysis of data to come from IT security technologies and their vendors.
In response to this data, EMA is hosting a webinar with David Monahan, research director, risk and security management, EMA, and Ivan Shefrin, vice president of security solutions at TaaSera, to discuss the need for preemptive breach detection systems that continuously identify post-infection, pre-breach behaviors early enough to contain and respond to pending data breaches.
Attendees will learn:
- New methods and techniques for detecting otherwise hidden breach indicators
- Ways to prioritize systems for containment and response by risk-based evidence
- The importance of integrating new technologies with existing security infrastructure and processes
- How to preempt a data breach using TaaSera NetTrust to identify evidence of hidden pre-breach behaviors
The webinar is Wednesday April 8 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Those who wish to attend can register at: http://research.enterprisemanagement.com/data-breach-webinar-pr.html
Attendees will receive the "Data Driven Security Reloaded" research report (a $795 value).
Founded in 1996, EMA is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in providing deep insight across the full spectrum of IT and data management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help their clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise line of business users, IT professionals and IT vendors at http://www.enterprisemanagement.com or blogs.enterprisemanagement.com.