Ketchikan, Alaska (PRWEB) March 31, 2015
Capture jaw-dropping shots of southeast Alaska’s spectacular wilderness, wildlife and sport fishing during Waterfall Resort’s Summer Solstice Photography Workshop, June 15-18. New for the 2015 season, guests that travel during this time will not only enjoy extra hours of natural Alaskan summer sunlight, but also have access to learn the ins and outs of wildlife photography from acclaimed world traveling photographer and instructor, Peter West Carey, during his three-day workshop.
Throughout the workshop, Carey, whose work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, National Audubon Society Magazine and more, will showcase a range of opportunities for Waterfall Resort guests to document their sport-fishing adventure. Each day, selected guests will join Carey on expertly guided fishing excursions where he will teach them how to capture snapshots of their trophy-sized catch, including King Salmon (Chinook), Silver Salmon (Coho), Halibut, Lingcod, Yelloweye and more than twenty varieties of Rockfish. Additionally, he will provide tips on how to document thrilling wildlife sightings such as breaching humpback whales, orcas, otters, Bald Eagles, and more.
Following a day of sport fishing with guests on the photography boat, Carey will host photography workshops in the resort’s own Lagoon Saloon, and host guided hikes through the Tongass National Forest to the namesake waterfall on the property’s 52 scenic acres (pending weather). In addition, Carey’s work will be displayed in the Dining Room while guests enjoy panoramic views of the Ulloa Channel and freshly prepared hearty Alaskan fare.
All-Inclusive Summer Solstice Photography Workshop Packages Include:
- Round-trip sea plane tour from Ketchikan, AK (90-minute flight from Seattle) to Waterfall Resort
- Lodging in historic Ocean-front Cabins or Lodge Rooms (double occupancy)
- Hearty all-you-can-eat Alaskan fare including wine with dinner
- Full service guided sport fishing on 25′ heated cabin cruisers (4 guests per boat)
- Use of high end rods, reels, all-weather gear and all other fishing equipment
- Professional fish cleaning, cutting, vacuum-packing and freezing
- On site Alaska Airlines agent to check in you and all your bags and fish boxes
- Ground crew in Ketchikan International Airport to assist with transfers
- Daily housekeeping and all other resort services
- Free Wi-Fi hotspots
For more information or to book a stay, call 800.544.5125 or visit http://www.WaterfallResort.com.
About The Waterfall Group
Leaders in adventure hospitality management on land, on the water and in the air, The Waterfall Group delivers extraordinary outdoor lifestyle experiences featuring unique and scenic destinations, marine and aviation expertise, satisfying local cuisine, easy travel and warm, friendly customer service. Founded in 1980, The Waterfall Group markets, operates and supports multiple lines of business nationally from all-inclusive Alaska sport fishing lodges to sea plane tours in the Florida Keys.