Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 01, 2015
TotallyHer Media’s theFashionSpot (tFS) (http://www.thefashionspot.com), the web’s largest fashion-focused community and fashion editorial site, debuted a third season of its original video series theFashionDish. Per Fashion Week tradition, theFashionSpot hosted seven fashion industry experts on the final evening of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015 for dinner, drinks and lively conversation. Distributed through a series of short clips, theFashionDish includes discussion on the season’s best looks, most dramatic shows, celebrity collections, and size diversity.
This season’s expert panelists include Robert Verdi, celebrity stylist, television personality and second-time theFashionDish panelist; Fern Mallis, former executive director of the CFDA, host of Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis lecture series and author of the forthcoming book Fashion Lives: Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis; Aliza Licht, SVP of Global Communications at Donna Karan International (best known as DKNY PR Girl) and author of the upcoming book Leave Your Mark; Nicolette Mason, well-known fashion and beauty blogger and contributor to such publications as Marie Claire; Pandora Amoratis, style director of OK! magazine, overseeing all celebrity fashion and beauty coverage; David Yi, writer, editor and stylist, aka The Seoulcialite, who has been published in The Wall Street Journal, WWD, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Style.com and more; and Kitty Cash, DJ, producer and esteemed tastemaker in the global creative community.
theFashionDish Weigh In:
Watch: Does Kanye West Belong at Fashion Week?
- Aliza Licht: “Why the hell not?...There’s so much crossover; everyone is doing everything…Bravo if you can take something, put the smoke and mirrors on it, and turn it into something everyone talks about.”
- Fern Mallis: “I’ve actually heard about a really important American designer who’s taking a hiatus at the moment, and Kanye…asked him to design his collection. I will not say who that was, but he said absolutely not. So, to that degree, I don’t believe Kanye is sitting there, drawing and designing things.”
- Robert Verdi: “It’s Ralph Rucci.”
Watch: How Important is Size Diversity on the Runway?
- Nicolette Mason: “Of course I would love to see more size diversity on the runway, but it’s not really being done in a way that isn’t gimmicky, or that isn’t for a catchy headline…I would be more offended if they showed the clothes on larger models but didn’t serve that community at all.
- Fern Mallis: “Size 0 shouldn’t be a size. Size 0 should not exist. Zero is zero…I hate that.”
- Aliza Licht: “Vanity sizing—God bless! I love it; I’m not going to shy away from vanity sizing. Why not?”
- Nicolette Mason: “I think the idea that we find validation or get happiness from a number on a tag—that all needs to be eradicated. My dream would be not to have tags on clothing at all, and just find the piece that fits your body.”
“Our third season of theFashionDish brings together an eclectic mix of industry heavyweights, both old guard and new guard,” said Jennifer Davison, Managing Editor at theFashionSpot.com. “Funny, informed and opinionated, each of our experts brings a unique point of view to the table. We’re thrilled to carry on this post-Fashion Week tradition with such an exciting group.”
To watch theFashionDish go to http://www.thefashionspot.com/hub/thefashiondish/.
Originating in July 2001, theFashionSpot (http://www.theFashionSpot.com) made a name for itself as an invitation-only community of designers, stylists and fashionistas that dissected designer collections, celebrating some and skewering others. Building on the largest fashion-focused community on the web, theFashionSpot.com has grown into a respected fashion editorial site with a strong and active community element. TheFashionSpot’s portfolio of sites currently reaches nearly 6.8 million unique visitors (comScore, August 2014), with close to 70,000 invitation-only members playing an active role in the site’s forum. It is that in-market participation and authenticity that makes theFashionSpot.com the largest community of fashion influencers online. In 2012 theFashionSpot was recognized by MediaPost’s OMMA Awards for website excellence in fashion and beauty. Recent brand advertisers include Macy’s, Tresemme, Anne Klein, P&G, Kraft, Coach, Revlon, Weight Watchers, and more. theFashionSpot is part of TotallyHer, an Evolve Media (http://www.evolvemediallc.com) company.
For More Information:
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8263