With minimal overhead, partners can now deliver a profitable, easy-to-manage, and end-to-end disaster recovery solution for virtualized environments.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 02, 2015
eFolder, a leading supplier of business continuity services for the IT channel, today announced general availability of eFolder BDR for Veeam. Creating new cloud service and revenue opportunities for MSPs and VARs, eFolder BDR for Veeam enables IT channel partners to add off-site backup and disaster recovery services to any Veeam® Software deployment. Veeam is the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™ with more than 29,000 partners worldwide. eFolder BDR for Veeam is powered by Veeam Cloud Connect, a new capability released with Veeam Availability Suite™ v8 for hosting offsite backups.
Designed exclusively for delivery by IT channel partners, eFolder BDR for Veeam leverages Veeam Availability Suite v8 to replicate backup images to the eFolder Cloud, providing verified VM backups in the cloud to defend against any type of business disaster. Partners that deploy eFolder BDR for Veeam have multiple ways to recover virtual machines in the event of an outage or site-wide disaster.
Partners that choose eFolder BDR for Veeam will be able to take advantage of the following:
- Forever-incremental replication of Veeam Availability Suite v8 backup images to the petabyte-scale eFolder Cloud
- 500 gigabytes (GB) of cloud storage per protected VM in the eFolder Cloud, pooled at the partner level, covering the vast majority of SMB cloud storage requirements with a single, competitive monthly service charge per VM
- Easy point and click configuration to copy local Veeam backups to the eFolder Cloud
- Multiple recovery options, including on-site recovery, recovery of Hyper-V VMs in the cloud, download, or expedited shipment of a copy of the VM data
- Compatibility with new and existing Veeam software licenses already deployed by channel partners (any existing software must be upgraded to Veeam Backup & Replication™ v8 first in order to be compatible)
- Veeam Cloud Connect functionality: complete visibility and control of cloud repositories and the ability to leverage Veeam’s modern backup technology including forever incremental backups, efficient retention of VM data, and end-to-end encryption with a client-private encryption key
“Many of our partners prefer Veeam for protecting their virtualized environments, and any Veeam partner now has access to the petabyte-scale cloud storage and recovery capabilities of the eFolder Cloud while still using the Veeam tools they have come to know and love,” says Kevin Hoffman, CEO of eFolder. “With minimal overhead, partners can now deliver a profitable, easy-to-manage, and end-to-end disaster recovery solution for virtualized environments. We are proud to offer a solution for Veeam, a leader in data center availability and a company that is committed to making virtualized environments more secure and reliable. This type of collaboration spawns innovation and is a huge win for our mutual channel partners.”
“Veeam Cloud Connect has made it possible for partners to tap into the reliability and performance of the eFolder Cloud, which aligns with our mission of Availability for the Modern Data Center,” says Mike Waguespack, Vice President of Global Cloud Group at Veeam. eFolder BDR for Veeam enables partners to deliver end-to-end business continuity to their clients, while generating attractive monthly recurring revenue.”
eFolder BDR for Veeam will be generally available to partners April 2, 2015 in the US and Canada.
eFolder is a leading supplier of cloud data protection, business continuity and cloud file sync solutions for MSPs, cloud service providers, system integrators, and VARs. Delivered as wholesale services to the channel, eFolder enables its partners to provide branded data protection and file sync services and to generate highly profitable, recurring revenue. eFolder services complement many of the managed service offerings already deployed by partners and integrate with common PSA systems, making adoption of eFolder services fast and easy. eFolder also empowers cost-effective partner and end-user private clouds, allowing partners to meet the needs of any client, regardless of size or readiness to engage in public cloud services. eFolder is a privately held company and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit: http://www.efolder.net and follow us on Twitter: @eFolder