(PRWEB) April 03, 2015
Tom Wood Honda is celebrating the grand opening of its new Honda Environmental Leadership Award-winning facility at 3 pm on April 7, 2015. The new facility tripled the square footage of the previous dealership and will house double the staff to meet increased demand and maintain excellence in customer service.
General Manager, KC Waterbury said, “To better serve our customers, we built an all-new, state-of-the-art, energy-efficient, centrally located facility in Anderson. The high demand required a larger facility for inventory and larger staff to continue our award-winning customer service. We are excited about the move and look forward to better serving the community.”
The new dealership features the following:
- The suitable debris (crushed concrete) from the demolished building was either reused or donated to local organizations.
- White thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) roofing membrane to reduce the heat island effect.
- Electrical vehicle (EV) charging station included in the service area.
- Energy reduction by increasing the building envelope thermal properties (continuous insulation).
- LED exterior and interior lighting to reduce energy consumption.
- Installation of photo sensors on the showroom light fixtures to reduce energy waste.
- Low flow plumbing fixture to reduce water consumption.
- High speed overhead doors to reduce air infiltration and reduce energy consumption.
By implementing these features, the dealership earned Honda’s Environmental Leadership Award for reducing its environmental impact. This prestigious award was granted to Tom Wood Honda for achieving specific environmental targets based on a point system that results in at least a 10% reduction in energy use, conservation of water and recycling at core of ‘green dealer’ effort.
“Our customers already benefit from owning an award winning safety and fuel efficient Honda vehicle, but now they have additional piece of mind, knowing that they’re doing business with a local Honda dealer that is committed to reducing its environmental impact in the community,” said Jeff Wood, Tom Wood Automotive President.
Schedule of events:
- 3-4 p.m.: Tour of facility by KC Waterbury, with Jeff Wood, Tom Wood Automotive Vice President John Wood, and architect Bryan Galli in attendance.
- 4 p.m. blue ribbon cutting ceremony
o In attendance will be:
- Jeff Wood: President, Tom Wood Automotive
- Kevin S. Smith: Mayor of Anderson
- Susan Brooks: Congresswoman, Indiana 5th District
- Lani Czarniecki: Director of Intergovernmental Affairs Office of Governor Mike Pence
- Gerry Longenbaugh: City of Anderson Chamber President
- Gary Russo: Zone Manager, Honda Motor Co. Inc.
- Alok Aurora: Regional Manager, Honda Motor Co. Inc.
- Reception 4:30-8 p.m. with live music by Catalyst Gypsy and catering provided by Sahms Catering.
The new address is 5920 Scatterfield Road Anderson, IN 46013.
The original Tom Wood Honda establishment was purchased in 1992, making this Tom Wood’s 10th automotive dealership purchase. Tom Wood Honda has been serving the Anderson community for over 20 years with involvement in organizations such as the local chamber, Frankton Heritage Days, Fisher’s Rugby Club and Toys for Tots. The Tom Wood Automotive group started in 1967 with his first purchase being a Pontiac dealership in Indianapolis. Currently, the Tom Wood Automotive Group has grown to 15 different automotive franchises and 13 dealerships located throughout the United States.