San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
Serena Software, the largest independent provider of Orchestrated Application Development and Release Management solutions, announced today that it has launched their new community portal Serena Central which provides an enhanced user experience for customers and prospects looking to get the most out of their tools. The new site expands on their previous user communities focused around Build, Learn, and Connect.
"Our customers have asked us to provide proactive communication in an easily consumable format as well as a facility to share their personal experiences with other Serena customers,” said Peter Sianchuk, SVP of Worldwide Customer Services. “They've also asked for an environment to assist in the learning of Serena's solutions and learning from other customers. We are pleased that Serena Central is that platform and more."
The new community portal allows customers to build and collaborate on their Serena tools.
- Process Apps - Provides building block and full-blown solutions to help get customers up and running faster. The portal offers a number of workflows focusing on IT, HR, Government, Business/Financial and Release and are available for immediate download.
- Plugins - Common integrations and product extensions are now in a central location. Customers can find integrations and other extensions for Serena Deployment Automation, as well as the new Form Extensions for SBM.
- Customers Welcome - Customers can contribute in each of these areas to share their great solutions built on Serena tools to enable and drive innovation in the community.
It also provides access to Serena expertise via technical blogs and how-to videos. Users can show off their own knowledge via the new certification program.
- Technical Blogs - These blogs are focused on the technical side of Serena products and are written by Serena developers, QA, support, services, and Solution Architects. They focus on best practices or provide examples on how to use the rich features in Serena products. Customers are welcome to contribute as well.
- Knowledge Base Television (KBTV) - Serena’s new video channel, produced by the technical side of Serena, contains short 5-10 minute videos that demonstrate a feature or how to setup and use the product.
- Certification - One of the most exciting areas of the new community site is around the new certifications. The first is the SBM Ninja program where users can earn their white belt, green belt, black belt, or even be recognized as an SBM Master Ninja. From novice to expert, users can learn the core areas of the product and then demonstrate their understanding. Additional certification programs for other products will be made available in the very near future.
Users are able to have a voice within Serena and connect with Serena experts throughout the world.
- Ideas - Submit and vote on product enhancements or requests and get direct input into product direction.
- Forums - Customers can voice their issues and have their questions answered by accessing the same world class support offered through the existing Serena Communities.
- Events - Users can see if there is a user group in their area, view upcoming webinars, and user conferences sponsored by Serena. They can also upload their own Serena product-centered event that they would like to advertise to other members of the community.
- Tweet this news: @SerenaSoftware launches Serena Central, their new community portal. Visit http://www.serenacentral.com.
- Visit Serena’s Press Center: http://www.serena.com/index.php/en/news-events/press-room
- Follow Serena on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/serenasoftware
- Visit Serena Central at: http://www.serenacentral.com
About Serena Software
Serena Software provides orchestrated application development and release management solutions to the Global 2000. Our 2,500 active enterprise customers, including a majority of the Fortune 100, have made Serena the largest independent ALM vendor and the only one that orchestrates DevOps, the processes that bring together application development and operations. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Serena serves enterprise customers across the globe. More information is available on the company’s website at http://www.serena.com.
# # #
All trademarks, service marks and company names are the property of their respective owners.