'Sight, Sound & Story is one of the few events that brings together the community to celebrate the art of visual storytelling.' - Josh Apter
New York, New York (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop), the cutting-edge authorized digital training destination for post-production and content creators, today announced their all-star list of guest speakers and panelists for its special one-day event, Sight, Sound & Story, held on June 13, 2015, at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway at Columbus Circle. “Sight, Sound & Story is one of the few events that brings together the community to celebrate the art of visual storytelling. We feel this year is our strongest, most diverse yet - we’ll explore the vital role of Visual Effects in cinema, the inner-workings of groundbreaking documentaries, compelling work from television’s golden age, and to close this year’s show, a look at William Goldenberg, ACE’s acclaimed career including The Imitation Game, Zero Dark Thirty, and the Oscar winning Argo,” says Josh Apter, owner of Manhattan Edit Workshop. "Our mission each year is to entertain, educate and provide our audience with unprecedented access and insight from the best in the business."
This special one-day symposium features the best in the business, and the list is growing:
- William Goldenberg, ACE (Argo, The Imitation Game, Zero Dark Thirty)
- Sidney Wolinsky, ACE (Ray Donovan, The Sopranos)
- Zac Stuart-Pontier (The Jinx, Catfish)
- Fabienne Bouville (American Horror Story, Masters of Sex)
- Andy Grieve (Going Clear: Scientology & the Prison of Belief, The Armstrong Lie)
- Bobbie O'Steen ("Cut to the Chase," "The Invisible Cut")
- Jesse Averna, ACE (Sesame Street, Johnny and the Spirits)
- Garret Savage (My Perestroika, Ready! Set, Bag!)
- Michael Berenbaum, ACE (The Americans, Sex and the City)
- Pax Wassermann (Cartel Land, Knuckleball!)
Sight, Sound & Story Panel Topics
Apter comments on the diverse range of topics offered at this year’s event: “The breadth of talent participating in Sight, Sound & Story allows us to cover a number of amazing topics.” Planned Sight, Sound & Story panel sessions include “Visual FX: Behind the Green Screen and the Integral Role of the VFX Team,” “Finding the Thread: Deconstructing Documentary Films,” “TV is the New Black: Television's Cinematic Revolution,” and “Inside the Cutting Room with Bobbie O’Steen featuring William Goldenberg, ACE.”
For more information about panel topics, speakers and moderators and to see clips from last year's Sight, Sound and Story, click HERE.
Master Storyteller Level sponsors return to support Sight, Sound & Story
- HP and Intel® return again this year to showcase more of their amazing products to attendees. From ground-breaking engineering to performance-optimizing technologies, HP Z Workstations are rich with customer-driven tools, features and benefits (hp.com/go/zworkstations).
- Audio Network has come back and will have a team exhibiting on-site all day to demonstrate their unparalleled royalty free music service.
- For a third straight year, Sony Creative Software will be sponsoring. This year, they will be enlightening audience members with their new SpectralLayers Pro 3®.
Register for Sight, Sound & Story
Sight, Sound & Story will take place on June 13, 2015, at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway located at 1871 Broadway, just steps from Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center. Admission is $89.00, with discounts available to select partner organizations. A networking party with open bar, hors d’oeuvres and sponsored giveaways is included in the price.
To register, please click HERE.
About Manhattan Edit Workshop – Certified Training in New York City and Your City
Headquartered in the Flatiron District of New York City, Manhattan Edit Workshop was founded in 2002 with the goal of providing cutting-edge instruction on Apple®, Adobe® and Avid® platforms. Since then, MEWShop has added Digital Cinema Production classes, DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk® Smoke®, Assimilate Scratch training and a two-week documentary film production course to its already impressive curriculum. MEWShop’s signature Six-Week Intensive is a jump-start for anyone looking for a career in post-production, while weekend and one-week courses introduce and solidify core editing concepts. Corporate and group training offer a customized curriculum, either in-house or on-site, for professionals eager to learn a new skill or to build on existing ones. The facility’s focus on small workshops, highly skilled and certified faculty, and a results-oriented curriculum have quickly won it the reputation as New York’s premier post-production teaching facility.
Follow @mewshop on Twitter and Facebook. For more information on Manhattan Edit Workshop, please visit: http://www.mewshop.com.