SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) April 06, 2015
Nominations are being accepted for the 2015 Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards. The awards recognize community development entities (CDEs) that bring more people and places into the economic mainstream through exceptional qualified low-income community investments (QLICIs). Investments honored in this year’s round will have financing that closed in 2014 or 2015. Nominations for the 2015 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards will be accepted until June 18 and winners will be honored in a ceremony at the Novogradac New Markets Tax Credit Conference, Oct. 21 in Chicago.
“Time and again, community development entities have proven that innovative and targeted investments can be game-changers for low-income communities by creating jobs, generating revenue and spurring further economic development,” said Brad Elphick, CPA, conference chairman and partner in Novogradac’s Atlanta metro office. “The Novogradac Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards recognize those community-changing efforts and underscore the importance of preserving programs, such as the new markets tax credit.”
Nominations will be accepted in five categories:
- Small business: The QLICI must have been made in a project occupied exclusively by the primary tenant with 50 or fewer employees.
- Operating business: The QLICI must have been made in a project occupied exclusively by the primary tenant with more than 50 employees.
- Real estate: The QLICI must have been made in entities whose predominant business activity is the development (including construction of new facilities and rehabilitation/enhancement of existing facilities), management or leasing of real estate.
- Metro: The QLICI must have been made in a project located in a metropolitan area as defined by the Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) Fund.
- Non-metro: The QLICI must have been made in a project located in a non-metropolitan area as defined by the CDFI Fund.
- One complimentary entry to the conference to receive the award;
- Coverage of the property in the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits;
- Copies of the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits to share with industry contacts;
- Recognition on the Novogradac & Company website and YouTube channel, and in a national press release about the awards; and,
- A press release for distribution.
Nomination materials and more details about the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards are available at http://www.novoco.com/awards/community_development/index.php.
In addition to the Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards, the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits conducts several awards programs designed to recognize excellence in low-income housing, historic preservation and renewable energy. Nominations for each program are open year-round and more information can be found at http://www.novoco.com/awards.
The Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits provides news, analysis and commentary on the affordable housing, new markets, renewable energy and historic rehabilitation tax credit industries. This comprehensive monthly 80-page publication features columns written by industry experts, Q&As on technical tax credit issues, features about tax credit developments and more, all informed by Novogradac and Company’s more than 25 years of experience on the front lines of the tax credit industry.
Novogradac began operations in 1989, and the allied group of Novogradac companies has since grown to more than 500 employees and partners with offices in San Francisco, Walnut Creek and Long Beach, Calif.; the Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Ga., Detroit, Mich., Kansas City, Mo. and Seattle, Wash. metro areas; St. Louis, Mo., Boston, Mass.; Austin, Texas; Dover, Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio; New York, N.Y.; Portland, Ore.; Chicago, Ill.; and Naples, Fla. Specialty practice areas include tax, audit and consulting services for tax-credit-assisted multifamily and affordable housing, community revitalization and rehabilitation of historic properties. Other areas of expertise include military base redevelopment, preparation and analysis of market studies and appraisals of multifamily housing investments and renewable energy tax credits.
For more information about the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards, please contact Alexandra Bernard at (415) 356-7627 or by email at Alex(dot)Bernard(at)novoco(dot)com.