Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the publication of Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies: 2015, the latest edition of the annual book covering the most relevant topics in the specialty pharmacy arena. Developed by researchers in AIS’s Directory and Databases Division, the company’s exclusive research team that also creates the industry-leading AIS’s Directory of Health Plans, this convenient resource makes it easy to stay on top of the business side of the industry.
Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies details the latest management strategies and tactics for:
- Cost-control measures such as exclusionary formularies, copay coupons and site-of-care strategies.
- Managing the drug cost concerns of hepatitis C treatments like Sovaldi and Harvoni, as well as other diseases states including multiple sclerosis.
- Specialty coverage in benefit design — with exclusive data on formulary placement and average out-of-pocket costs, from AIS’s Rx Benefit Data, a new, comprehensive online subscription database of prescription benefit parameters of commercial health plans.
- Oncology management — using clinical pathways and other treatment strategies, managing specific cancer types, and reimbursement issues such as implementing bundled payment models.
- Biosimilars — the impact their introduction may have on the market, products in the pipeline and the debate over federal oversight.
- Reimbursement and distribution issues that surround the 340B federal discounted drug pricing program — including conflicts over orphan drug pricing.
The book also contains updated directory listings of specialty pharmacy providers, home infusion providers, PBMs and pharmacy benefit management vendors.
For more information on Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies, including a full table of contents and free excerpts from the book, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/specialty-pharmacy-trends-and-strategies.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.