Plattsburgh, NY (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
This year, journey to the Adirondack Coast to enjoy family-friendly events and festivals in a spectacular setting. From reenactments that make history come alive and events that offer opportunities for new family traditions, to outdoor activities that are sure to deliver a thrill, the Adirondack Coast offers an array of festivals and events taking place throughout the year including:
- Plattsburgh Half Marathon – April 26 at the City of Plattsburgh Oval. The 6th Annual Plattsburgh Half Marathon travels 13.1 miles through the beautiful city of Plattsburgh. After participant’s finish the race they can join the after-party with food, live music and prizes.
- Biggest Loser RunWalk – May 31 in downtown Plattsburgh. The Biggest Loser RunWalk is hosting a Premier Destination race in Plattsburgh. From the first-time runner to the elite athlete, participants are encouraged to get off the couch and hit the pavement with a Half Marathon/5K. After the race, participants, family and friends can celebrate and relax at the post-race concert featuring former "Biggest Loser" contestant and Nashville recording artist, Dan Evans.
- Museum Days – June 6-7 at museums all along the Adirondack Coast. Explore museums on the Adirondack Coast. For this weekend only museums will open their doors and offer free admission to all visitors and feature demonstrations, exhibits, hands-on activities and much more.
- First Weekends - June 5-6 in downtown Plattsburgh. The first Friday and Saturday in June will bring music, arts, entertainment and more to the streets of downtown.
- Rulfs Orchard Strawberry Festival – June 27 at Rulfs Orchard. Fun and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy including a strawberry pie eating contest, u-pick strawberries, interactive tours, music, petting zoo and more.
- Mayor’s Cup – July 9-12 in downtown Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh's most time-honored summer tradition on Lake Champlain. The four-day celebration includes the Boat Parade of Lights, 38th Annual Regatta, Live Music, Family Arts & Kid's Activities, and a spectacular Fireworks display.
- Clinton County Fair – July 28 – August 2 at the Clinton County Fairgrounds. The 68th Annual Clinton County Fair brings fun, games and entertainment to the region.
- EVP Beach Volleyball Tournament – July 25 at Plattsburgh City Beach. The EVP Tour has been hosting beach volleyball events since 1994. Enjoy a great day at the beach and experience the thrill as these extremely talented athletes compete.
- FLW Rayovac Series – July 30-August 1 at Dock Street Landing. Professional Bass fishermen come to experience world-class fishing on renowned Lake Champlain.
- Plattsburgh Brewfest – August 1 at the Plattsburgh City Beach. The first ever Plattsburgh Brewfest will feature local and national craft beers, as well as hard cider. Enjoy breathtaking views while getting a true taste of the Adirondack Coast.
- Adirondack Coast Summer Wine Tour – August 15-16 at wineries and cider houses all along the Adirondack Coast. Experience the unique taste of the Adirondack Coast as the Adirondack Coast Wine Trail joins together for this wine tasting and vineyard touring weekend.
- Battle of Plattsburgh Commemoration – September 10-13 in downtown Plattsburgh. A series of events commemorate Plattsburgh’s military history, industry, culture and arts providing visitors a unique look at the War of 1812. Enjoy re-enactments, old fashioned parade, craft demonstrations, fife and drum performances, concerts and lectures.
- Rockeater Adventure Race – September 19 at Plattsburgh City Beach. Experience 5 kilometers of extreme obstacles, rough terrain, mud and fire that will make participants run for their life. Participants are encouraged to wear a costume adding an extra element of fun with prizes for the best costumes.
- Adirondack Coast Wine, Cider and Beer Festival – October 10 at the Crete Civic Center. This festival is one-of-a-kind to the region, serving up unique local cold climate wines, ciders and farm products from local artisans, all under one roof.
- Octoberfest Half Marathon and 5K - October 10 at the Peru Fire Department. Participants will enjoy an exhilarating run through Peru’s apple country while surrounded by the breathtaking views of the Adirondack Coast’s fall.
For more information about visiting the Adirondack Coast and upcoming events visit goadirondack.com/events.