The Grounds Guys experts understand the value of a healthy lawn and can customize a lawn care plan to fit any property’s needs.
WACO, Texas (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
Having a healthy lawn not only boosts curb appeal, but it also releases more oxygen into the air, absorbs carbon dioxide and other toxins, cools the environment, purifies water, reduces erosion from wind and water, and provides a buffer zone around properties to help fend off fire. In addition, neuroscientists at the University of Queensland say freshly mowed grass can act as a stress reliever.
Whether property owners want to be the envy of the neighborhood, do something good for the environment, or create a patch of green to relax and unwind, the experts at The Grounds Guys share these seven ways to show a lawn some love:
- Aerating: Lawns can benefit from the process of aeration to allow moisture to penetrate to the roots and for air to circulate. This process encourages new growth and rejuvenates existing growth.
- Dethatching: Layers of stems, roots, cuttings, and other debris build up on a lawn restricting moisture and air from making its way into the soil. Breaking up the thatch with special equipment and removing offending thatch can encourage a thicker, more vibrant lawn.
- Watering: Watering frequency differs between types of grass, but on average, about an inch of water weekly from rain or irrigation is enough. The experts at The Grounds Guys recommend watering during the early morning hours typically between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Make sure your irrigation system is checked and working properly in preparation for the coming summer months.
- Cutting: Although golf courses boast beautiful, low-cut lawns, cutting a lawn too short is not healthy. A normal lawn should have the top one-third of the blades cut. Be sure to use sharp blades since uneven cuts with dull blades can lead to browning of the lawn.
- Fertilizing: Various types of lawns have different fertilizer needs. Often, adding a slow-release fertilizer helps fortify lawns against the elements and nourish healthy growth. Check with your local The Grounds Guys if not sure which type to choose or when to apply.
- Combatting: Manage pests that feed off your lawn and leave it damaged. Whether a chemical or non-chemical pesticide is used, always apply as directed and seek professional help. Exercise caution when using pesticides around pets or children.
- Weeding: If you know your lawn is prone to weeds, attack them before they take over your yard. An application of pre-emergent weed killers can help prevent weeds in the places you don’t want them to grow, such as around trees or shrubs. Seek professional advice for controlling weeds.
The Grounds Guys experts understand the value of a healthy lawn and can customize a lawn care plan to fit any property’s needs. Give them a call at 1-888-992-4251 or visit GroundsGuys.com.