Miami is an international city with world-class amenities, and that’s a big draw for Brazilians.
Miami, Florida (PRWEB) April 07, 2015
Brazil again led all foreign countries searching for South Florida real estate on the MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI) website in February 2015. The South American country, which topped all global consumers searching Miamire.com in the same period last year, has regularly ranked among Miami’s top foreign buyers. The distinction is significant considering Miami has the highest concentration of foreign-born residents of any major U.S. city and leads the nation in international real estate sales.
In 2014, Brazilians registered 11 percent of all South Florida international real estate deals, according to a recent report conducted by the National Association of Realtors for MIAMI. Brazil had the third-most property transactions in Miami and Broward Counties among all global consumers, trailing only Venezuela (16 percent) and Argentina (12 percent).
Brazilians spend the most on South Florida properties among foreign consumers, paying an average of $495,000. On average, Miami’s international buyers paid $444,000 per purchase, compared to $245,000 statewide.
“Miami is an international city with world-class amenities, and that’s a big draw for Brazilians,” said Christopher Zoller, a 27-year Miami-based Realtor and the 2015 Residential President of the MIAMI Association of Realtors. “Typically, the Brazilians moving to South Florida are upper-middle-class families who want to enjoy their prosperity earned in Brazil as professionals and entrepreneurs.”
Top-10 Countries visiting Miamire.com in February:
7. United Kingdom
9. United Kingdom
Top U.S. Markets for Miami
Miami is a top choice for consumers in many U.S. markets. Nine of the top-10 states for consumers searching Miamire.com remained unchanged in February 2015 compared to the same time period last year. Ohio replaced New Jersey in the ninth spot of February’s rankings:
2015: 1) California, 2) Georgia, 3) Texas, 4) New York, 5) Illinois, 6) Michigan, 7) Pennsylvania, 8) Virginia, 9) Ohio, 10) North Carolina
2014: 1) California, 2) Georgia, 3) Texas, 4) New York, 5) Illinois, 6) Michigan, 7) Pennsylvania, 8) Virginia, 9) New Jersey, 10) North Carolina
Miami Top Market for U.S. and Foreign Consumers
Nationally, Miami is consistently one of the top markets for foreign countries searching for property in the U.S. In February 2015, Miami ranked as a top-five market for 12 of 20 foreign nations searching for real estate on Realtor.com ® and Realtor.com ® International. Miami registered as a top market for real estate consumers in Canada, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, France, Italy, Netherlands, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and South Africa.
The top countries (outside the U.S.) where global consumers were most engaged in February 2015 and the top cities they searched were:
1. *Canada: Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Naples
2. United Kingdom: Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, Kissimmee, San Francisco
3. Australia: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Detroit, Las Vegas
4. *Germany: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, San Diego, Colorado Springs
5. *Brazil: Miami, Orlando, New York, Los Angeles, Kissimmee
6. *Mexico: San Diego, San Antonio, Miami, Houston, El Paso
7. *France: Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Miami Beach, San Francisco
8. India: New York, Los Angeles, San Jose, Dallas, Chicago
9. *Italy: Miami, New York, Miami Beach, Los Angeles, San Diego
10. *Netherlands: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Orlando, Houston
11. *Russian Federation: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco
12. Japan: San Diego, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Jacksonville, Las Vegas
13. *Spain: Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Peachtree City (GA), McDonough (GA)
14. *Sweden: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Beverly Hills
15. South Korea: Los Angeles, New York, San Antonio, Irvine, Sedalia
16. *Switzerland: Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Miami Beach, San Diego
17. Ireland: New York, Los Angeles, Orlando, Boston, Chicago
18. *South Africa: New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, Dallas
19. Philippines: Los Angeles, New York, Warren (RI), Las Vegas, San Francisco
20. New Zealand: Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas, Detroit, Honolulu
*Countries with Miami and/or Fort Lauderdale as top searches.
In February, Miami ranked third among the top-10 overall most searched U.S. cities by non-U.S. consumers. Fort Lauderdale ranked sixth.
Top 10 U.S. Cities Searched by International Consumers for February 2015:
1. New York, NY
2. Los Angeles, CA
3. Miami, FL
4. Orlando, FL
5. Las Vegas, NV
6. Fort Lauderdale, FL
7. San Diego, CA
8. San Francisco, CA
9. Houston, TX
10. Naples, FL
MIAMI, meanwhile, continued to see sizable increases in visitors to its website in February 2015, a sign more consumers are searching for properties and information about the local real estate market.
Miamire.com registered 188,287 visits in February 2015--- a 42.6-percent increase from the amount of web visitors in February 2014. Miamire.com also had 62,527 unique visitors in the month of February, a jump of 33 percent compared to the same month a year ago.
About the MIAMI Association of REALTORS
The MIAMI Association of REALTORS was chartered by the National Association of Realtors in 1920 and is celebrating 95 years of service to Realtors, the buying and selling public, and the communities in South Florida. Comprised of five organizations, the Residential Association, the Realtors Commercial Alliance, the Broward County Board of Governors, the YPN Council and the award-winning International Council, it represents more than 35,000 real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate sales, marketing, and brokerage. It is the largest local Realtor association in the U.S., and has official partnerships with 125 international organizations worldwide. MIAMI’s official website is http://www.miamire.com.