This sale presents an exciting selection of portraits of celebrated figures from all walks of life.
New York / Berlin (PRWEB) April 08, 2015
artnet Auctions is thrilled to announce that our highly anticipated Seeing Stars: Celebrity Photography auction is now live for bidding. This sale presents an exciting selection of portraits of celebrated figures from all walks of life, including musicians, actors, fashion designers, choreographers, scientists, athletes, and artists. Among the sale’s highlights are iconic works by Terry O’Neill, Mario Testino, Flip Schulke, Horst P. Horst, Bert Stern, Albert Watson, Helmut Newton, and David LaChapelle.
- Chris Levine, Kate’s Light (Eyes Open), 2013. Estimated at $10,000 to 15,000.
- Flip Schulke, Ali Underwater, 1961. Estimated at $8,000 to 10,000.
- Joel Brodsky, Jim Morrison, American Poet, 1967. Estimated at $15,000 to 18,000.
- Horst P. Horst, Coco Chanel, 1970. Estimated at $10,000 to 15,000.
- Albert Watson, Kate Moss, Marrakech (Contact), 1993. Estimated at $10,000 to 14,000.
- Terry O’Neill, Brigitte Bardot, Spain, 1971. Estimated at $6,000 to 8,000.
- Gavin Bond, Paysage d’une Beauté, 2007. Estimated at $15,000 to 20,000.
- Mario Testino, Kate Moss, London, 2006. Estimated at $6,000 to 8,000.
- Allan Tannenbaum, New York Punk: 1974–1981 (Portfolio of 21 Photographs), 1974–1981. Estimated at $7,000 to 10,000.
- Helmut Newton, Portrait of Veruschka on the Terrace of the Presidential Suite, Hotel Meridian, Nice, 1975. Estimated at $18,000 to 28,000.
- Roxanne Lowit, Kate Moss with Fag in Galliano, Paris, 1994. Estimated at $12,000 to 15,000.
Seeing Stars: Celebrity Portraits is live on artnet Auctions now through April 16, 2015, and is on view at http://www.artnet.com/auctions/seeing-stars-0415.
For more information about this sale, please contact artnet Auctions specialist:
+1-212-497-9700 ext. 114
artnet is the leading online resource for the international art market. Established in 1989, artnet provides reliable information and market transparency to art collectors. With our comprehensive suite of products, artnet can empower anyone with a passion for art.
With 24/7 worldwide bidding, artnet Auctions & Private Sales is a dynamic marketplace for collecting art. Our online auction platform provides a unique collecting experience with seamless flow between consignors, specialists, and collectors. Our auctions and private sales community influences new collectors and inspires everyone to collect art.