Ensuring that everyone on our team follows safe and environmentally sound practices helps ensure our workplace remains clean and safe for employees, while reducing impacts on the environment and our bottom line. It’s a win-win-win scenario.
LAFAYETTE, Colo (PRWEB) April 09, 2015
The Clean Auto Alliance today announced the inaugural recipients of the Environment & Safety Elite Award, which recognizes automotive, truck and equipment dealerships, and service companies that meet or exceed best practice benchmarks in key environmental, health and safety categories.
Award recipients are determined by their progress against six best practice benchmarks that were established based on rigorous evaluation of research and data collected over a seven-year period. These benchmarks are continually updated and maintained by the Clean Auto Alliance. The six categories are:
1. Safety Systems – An ongoing commitment to upholding Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, such as developing a written safety program and conducting facility inspections.
2. Environmental Systems – An ongoing commitment to upholding Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, such as the implementation of a spill prevention countermeasure and control plan.
3. Hazard Communication – A demonstrated compliance with the Hazard Communication Standard mandated by OSHA, which includes maintaining a chemical inventory and safety data sheets.
4. Loss Control – A process for investigating and correcting hazards within a reasonable amount of time.
5. Emergency Response – A plan for responding to an emergency that employees are trained to execute.
6. Facility-Specific Requirements – Miscellaneous requirements that are specific to the services provided in a facility, such as collision repair or hazardous waste disposal.
“The goal of the Environment & Safety Elite Award is to reward automotive businesses that go above and beyond simply complying with environmental, health and safety regulations,” said Eric Schmitz, board chairman of the Clean Auto Alliance. “Dealers and service centers can promote their award recognition and use it as a competitive advantage since more and more consumers prefer to do business with companies that value safe, environmental practices.”
“We pushed our team to meet the standards necessary to receive Environment & Safety Elite recognition, and it’s become ingrained in the everyday work of our employees,” said Marc Rienow, director of facilities of Gengras Motor Cars. “Ensuring that everyone on our team follows safe and environmentally sound practices helps ensure our workplace remains clean and safe for employees, while reducing impacts on the environment and our bottom line. It’s a win-win-win scenario.”
The Clean Auto Alliance provides complimentary collateral to help Environment & Safety Elite recipients promote their award recognition. Materials include both marketing tools such as award logos for a dealer’s website, a customizable press release for local distribution announcing a dealer’s achievement, and printable materials touting the dealer’s commitment to safety that can displayed in the lobby or showroom.
A searchable map of all Environment & Safety Elite recipients nationwide is now available online, visit http://www.elitedealeraward.com/find.
About the Clean Auto Alliance
The Clean Auto Alliance is a non-profit organization committed to promoting environmental and safety best practices in the automotive industry through education, evaluation and recognition. The Clean Auto Alliance looks to save businesses money, prevent injuries and reduce environmental impacts. To learn more about the Clean Auto Alliance, visit http://www.cleanautoalliance.org.
Phone: 770.649.0880, ext. 309
Phone: 770.649.0880, ext. 310