The Inquisitive Mind Scholarship is not only to have classes full of students who are destined to succeed in becoming professional software developers, but who also bring originality and creativity to our program.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) April 13, 2015
Most programming boot camps today make it their goal to find curious, inquisitive, and strong-minded people that they can mold and shape into amazing developers. This makes for the strongest groups of people that go through camp as well as the best outcomes for hiring partners.
Coder Camps is taking things a step farther than simply looking for the best of the best. They are putting their money where their mouth is by offering a $2,500 Inquisitive Minds Scholarship to remarkable students that can prove that they think in the ways that will make them most successful at camp.
According to David Graham, founder of Coder Camps, "The Inquisitive Mind Scholarship is not only to have classes full of students who are destined to succeed in becoming professional software developers, but who also bring originality and creativity to our program."
To apply for the scholarship,submit an application and tell them why you deserve the scholarship. Be sure to include links to portfolio websites, videos, art, writings, and anything else that will help them make a decision.
Make no mistake, Coder Camps wants to be impressed by applications. Here are some more ideas from their website to include in your scholarship application:
1. A link to a YouTube video of you: playing a musical instrument, showing off your artwork, or even dancing.
2. A blog that shows your depth of knowledge in a particular topic that you are passionate about.
3. Manuscripts for novels, plays, or short stories that you are writing.
4. A video of you solving a Rubik's Cube or explaining a particularly difficult math problem.
5. Photos that you have taken as a hobbiest (or pro) photographer.
6. Links to websites that you have built from scratch.
Building groups of amazing students is never easy; there are so many diverse backgrounds and opinions. By getting more students that think similarly, with a proven track record of success in whatever they are passionate about that requires a critical mind, Coder Camps is making a path to success for an even higher percentage of their students.