The sessions and speakers in our ‘Spotlight Speaker Series’ and ‘Topical Talks,’ as well as our keynote speakers, provide for thoughtful and provocative dialogue on the developments and forces that are disrupting and redefining payments.
HERNDON, Va. (PRWEB) April 09, 2015
NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association® today announced the speakers for its “Spotlight Speaker Series” and “Topical Talks” at PAYMENTS 2015. PAYMENTS, which takes place April 19-22 in New Orleans, Louisiana, is the largest and most comprehensive education event for the payments industry.
The “Spotlight Speaker Series” features sessions on topics influencing the future of payments, and this year explores themes around innovation. The “Topical Talks,” which is a new offering, provide opportunities for small group chats around trending topics in the payments industry.
“PAYMENTS 2015 serves as an opportunity to help the industry further the conversation around the future of payments,” said Janet O. Estep, president and CEO of NACHA. “The sessions and speakers in our ‘Spotlight Speaker Series’ and ‘Topical Talks,’ as well as our keynote speakers, provide for thoughtful and provocative dialogue on the developments and forces that are disrupting and redefining payments.”
The “Spotlight Speaker Series” features four sessions including:
- “Continuous Innovation: Insights & Unexpected Outcomes,” led by William Wang Graylin
CEO, LoopPay Inc., will provide attendees with insights and strategies from a leading innovator on how to approach innovation in an ever changing environment;
- “Examining Mobile Payments Consortia,” a panel session moderated by Richard Crone
CEO and Founder, Crone Consulting LLC, will explore the pros, cons, risks and challenges of building a mobile payments consortia;
- “Legal Implications of U.S. Payment System Improvement,” sponsored by BNY Mellon, will examine the legal and regulatory implications surrounding the vision outlined in the Federal Reserve’s Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System; and
- “Innovating Federal Payments: Looking to the Future,” led by John Hill, Chief Disbursing Officer, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, will provide an overview of how emerging issues and trends are influencing the government’s role in the payment management space.
The “Topical Talks” — co-sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citi, Lockheed Martin, OpenText GXS and TransCentra Inc. — feature five discussions that serve as learning and networking opportunities, including:
- “Integrated Receivables,” led by Bill Ensslen, Vice President, Solutions Delivery & Product Management, TransCentra Inc.;
- “Inefficiencies in Current Payment Infrastructures & How/If Financial Institutions Should Respond,” led by Ather Williams, Managing Director, Head of Global Payments & Global Strategy, Bank of America Merrill Lynch;
- “The Evolution of Insider Threats in Financial Services,” led by Roccie Soscia, Deputy to Counterintelligence Director, Lockheed Martin;
- “Future-Proofing Your Payments Environment,” led by Manish Jain, Financial Services Strategy Leader, OpenText GXS; and
- “Continuing the Conversation with Howard Putnam,” led by Howard Putnam, Author and Former CEO, Southwest Airlines.
The “Spotlight Speaker Series” and “Topical Talks” speakers complement recently announced PAYMENTS 2015 keynote speakers. This year, Jason Dorsey, known as the “Gen Y Guy”, delivers the opening keynote. During his presentation, “Crossing the Generational Divide: Unlocking the Power of Generations to Grow Your Business,” he will share new research, anecdotes and step-by-step actions to help companies drive sales, create better leaders and innovate faster.
In the Monday afternoon keynote, Chuck Todd, moderator of “Meet the Press” and political director for NBC News, will provide a comprehensive picture of the current political landscape and interpret the latest issues facing the country from the first-hand point of view of a seasoned media veteran. Former Southwest Airlines CEO Howard Putnam keynotes the Tuesday NACHA Payments System Awards Luncheon, sponsored by TD Bank, N.A., where he will advise the audience on how to create a culture of innovation.
For a complete list of featured speakers for the “Spotlight Speaker Series” and to learn more about the “Topical Talks” or other PAYMENTS 2015 activities, please visit https://payments.nacha.org/.
About PAYMENTS 2015
PAYMENTS 2015, which is taking place April 19-22 at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, features more than 130 educational sessions and workshops with renowned speakers from financial institutions, corporations, government agencies, legal and regulatory bodies, consulting and research firms, service providers and more. Sessions are organized along seven tracks — the ACH Network, Card Payments, Digital/Mobile, End User Experience, Game Changers & Disruptors, Risk & Security and Strategy – to address the topics of pivotal importance to payments professionals. In addition, a dynamic exhibit hall of nearly 100 industry leaders features today’s top products and services.
To learn more about PAYMENTS 2015 sessions, workshops, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors, or to register, visit https://payments.nacha.org.
NACHA — The Electronic Payments Association
Since 1974, NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association has served as trustee of the ACH Network, managing the development, administration and rules for the payment network that universally connects all 12,000 financial institutions in the U.S. The Network, which moves money and information directly from one bank account to another, supports more than 90 percent of the total value of all electronic payments in the U.S. Through its collaborative, self-governing model, education, and inclusive engagement of ACH Network participants, NACHA facilitates the expansion and diversification of electronic payments, supporting Direct Deposit and Direct Payment via ACH transactions, including ACH credit and debit payments, recurring and one-time payments; government, consumer and business transactions; international payments, and payments plus payment-related information. Through NACHA’s expertise and leadership, the ACH Network is now one of the largest, safest, and most reliable systems in the world, creating value and enabling innovation for all participants. Visit nacha.org for more information.