Waukesha, Wis. (PRWEB) April 09, 2015
Ten Safway Services refinery crews will be presented with the Merit Safety Award from the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) association, based on their outstanding records of safety.
“This is a very meaningful honor for us,” said Jeff Sprau, president of Safway’s U.S. Division. “Safway may be known for our engineering skill, innovative products and efficient crews, but we value safety above all of those. To be honored for our work at 10 different petrochemical sites is especially gratifying because it reflects our culture of safety company-wide” he added.
The AFPM association awards program was developed by the trade association’s health and safety committee to promote safe work practices in the refining and petrochemical manufacturing industries, and among the contractors supporting them. The awards will be presented at the National Occupational and Process Safety Conference, scheduled to take place in May.
The Safway Group refinery crews that will receive awards are:
- Phillips 66’s Alliance Refinery, recording 654,839 hours with zero recordable incidents;
- Holly Frontier Corporation’s Tulsa Refinery,100,991 hours with zero recordables;
- BP Products North America, Cherry Point Refinery, 181,306 hours with zero recordables;
- Tesoro Corporation, Anacortes Refinery, 33,025 hours with zero recordables;
- Phillips 66, Wood River Refinery, OSHA total recordable incident rate of 0.5;
- Philadelphia Energy Solutions, Philadelphia Refinery, 97,907 hours with zero recordables;
- Exxon Mobil Corporation, Baytown Refinery, 84,548 hours with zero recordables;
- Valero Energy Corporation, Valero St. Charles Refinery, 131,319 hours with zero recordables;
- Westlake Chemical Corporation, Westlake Petrochemical Site, 61,924 hours with zero recordables;
- Motiva Enterprises LLC, Puget Sound Refinery, 103,048 hours with zero recordables.
In order to receive this safety award, each crew had to accomplish an employee total recordable incident rate of 0.6 or less at its worksite for calendar 2014. In addition, there could be no process safety event that resulted in days away from work, nor any restricted/transferred crew member, fatality of a third-party or officially declared community evacuation or shelter-in-place.
“This accomplishment means so much to us because it speaks to the way we communicate our culture of safety throughout Safway,” said from Paul Amedee, vice president for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS). “In 2014, Safway Group’s dedication to safety resulted in an overall reduction in our Total Recordable Incident Rate by 22%.”
Amedee continues. “These awards really belong to our crews. We have great programs to instill a culture of Safety, but it’s the people in the field, living those principles day in and day out, who make safety a reality for Safway and our customers.”
About Safway Group
With over 95 locations across North America and a growing system of distributors worldwide, Safway Group companies deliver efficient, high-performance multiservice solutions – The Smart Way™ – by collaborating, communicating and sharing resources. Offering experience and expertise in access, scaffolding, insulation, fireproofing, surface preparation and coatings, Safway Group companies include CL Coatings; Industrial Coatings and Fireproofing (ICF); Redi Solutions; Safway Atlantic; Safway Services; Safway Services Canada; S&E Bridge & Scaffold; and Swing Staging. With the largest engineering staff, an exclusive project management system, award-winning safety excellence and a full line of products and services, Safway Group companies design and implement innovative, quality solutions at the lowest installed cost for projects of any size and scope. Safway has been an industry leader since 1936. Safway Group companies serve the petrochemical, oil and gas, power, refining, marine, manufacturing, transportation and commercial construction industries worldwide. For more information about Safway Group’s services and capabilities, visit: http://www.safwaygroup.com.