San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) April 14, 2015
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, recently unveiled its 2015 Travellers’ Choice awards for Destinations, honoring the top travel destinations worldwide including New York City, Chicago, Charleston, Las Vegas and Seattle in the U.S. Viator, a TripAdvisor company and the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, has selected some of the best tours and activities for exploring America’s top five destinations like an insider this spring – the perfect time to beat the summer crowds and enjoy warmer weather.
#1 – New York City
From The High Line Park and harbor cruises to Central Park bike rides, flower festivals and walking tours, there are numerous ways to take advantage of the pleasant spring weather in the Big Apple.
- Experience New York City like an insider on the action-packed Viator VIP: Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and 9/11 Memorial tour, including early access to the Empire State Building, skip-the-line entry to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, an open-top bus tour, and a hop-on, hop-off cruise.
- Take a private walking tour of the city’s most exciting locations with your very own photographer, offering entertaining commentary on famous cultural and historic landmarks.
- Explore New York’s ethnic diversity on Viator’s exclusive Best of Brooklyn Half-Day Food and Culture Tour.
- Treat your taste buds to some of the best street food served by gourmet curbside kitchens on the New York City Gourmet Food Cart Walking Tour.
#2 - Chicago
Once Old Man Winter leaves Chicago alone, it’s time to head outdoors! Springtime in the Windy City means farmers’ markets, joggers along Lake Michigan, opening day at Wrigley Field and excursions to the Lincoln Park Zoo.
- See classic Chicago sights as an insider with the Viator VIP: Willis Tower Skydeck Early Access, Trolley City Tour and Chicago River Cruise.
- Learn about the distinctive architecture of 40 notable buildings on the Chicago Architecture River Cruise, including the John Hancock Center, the Wrigley Building and the Aon Center.
- Taste the flavors of Chicago, both edible and cultural, on a bike tour through the city complete with samples of pizza, beer, cupcakes and hot dogs.
- Glide around the Windy City on your very own Segway and take in famous sights like Buckingham Fountain, Navy Pier, Lake Michigan and more.
#3 - Charleston
Charleston is bursting with gentile Southern hospitality and culture steeped in history, but there’s much more to the city than the locals and Civil War history including five-star restaurants, upscale shopping, bustling beaches and more.
- Take a historical Charleston tour and visit the restored Joseph Manigault House, an early 19th-century plantation home.
- Travel by horse-drawn carriage along the picturesque streets of Charleston and learn about the city’s history by a knowledgeable guide costumed in a Confederate uniform.
#4 – Las Vegas
Many come to Vegas to see the Strip, but there’s a lot more going on outdoors, including roller coasters, hiking, skydiving, float trips down the Colorado River, dune buggy adventures, horseback rides and more.
- Take off from Las Vegas Airport on an exhilarating 45-minute helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon, complete with a champagne picnic.
- Savor sensational views of the Grand Canyon on the Viator Exclusive: Grand Canyon South Rim Overnight Trip with Mule Ride with an optional helicopter flight over the canyon.
- Leave the Las Vegas Strip behind for a day on a working ranch where you’ll dine on a hearty cowboy breakfast before saddling up for a scenic and leisurely horseback ride.
- Fly like a fighter pilot over Las Vegas for the ultimate adrenaline rush on the Viator Exclusive: Fighter Pilot Experience, complete with fun aerobatic maneuvers and a military-style landing.
#5 - Seattle
There’s always something to do in Seattle when the flowers start to bloom, including tulip and daffodil festivals as well as visits to popular attractions including Pike Place Market and the Space Needle.
- Explore Pike Place Market, Seattle’s top attraction, with the Viator Exclusive: Early-Access Food Tour including samplings of cheese, salmon, pastries and coffee from nine different food and beverage vendors.
- Experience Victoria’s world-class Butchart Gardens and other city highlights on the Victoria Day Trip from Seattle, including a relaxing, scenic ferry ride through Puget Sound.
- Enjoy a day of breathtaking scenery at Mt. Rainier National Park on the Private Tour: Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle.
- Become one with the Pacific Northwest’s amazing outdoors on the Small-Group Olympic National Park Tour famed for its unprecedented beauty, abundant wildlife and some of the oldest forests in America.
For more information on these and thousands of other amazing travel experiences as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 315 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 24 other travel media brands: airfarewatchdog.com, bookingbuddy.com, cruisecritic.com, everytrail.com, familyvacationcritic.com, flipkey.com, thefork.com (including lafourchette.com, eltenedor.com and iens.nl), gateguru.com, holidaylettings.co.uk, holidaywatchdog.com, independenttraveler.com, jetsetter.com, niumba.com, onetime.com, oyster.com, seatguru.com, smartertravel.com, tingo.com, travelpod.com, tripbod.com, vacationhomerentals.com, viator.com, virtualtourist.com, and kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December 2014
**Source: Google Analytics, average monthly unique users, Q3 2014; does not include traffic to daodao.com