Cary, NC (PRWEB) April 15, 2015
Samanage, provider of the only true multi-tenant, unified service desk and asset management cloud solution on the market, today announced that The Riverside Company has joined its growing community of customers who are using the true-cloud solution to improve efficiency and deliver better business value throughout the organization. The Riverside Company is a global private equity firm based in New York City, focused on investing in and acquiring growing businesses valued at up to $300 million. Their reach is worldwide across four continents and more than 200 employees and consultants.
The Riverside Company came to Samanage as it was facing increasing complexity and costs with the BMC Service Desk Express (SDE) product they were using. “From a functionality perspective, the SDE solution was complex and inflexible,” said Jake Lilie, Director of IT Operations at The Riverside Company. “Any changes, reports or even workflow required the work of an expensive third-party expert.” The announcement that BMC would be sunsetting the SDE offering spurred the team to action, and they began a search for alternative solutions. The Riverside Company’s requirements for a new ITSM solution included:
- The ability to easily customize in-house without the need for third party consultants
- Straightforward implementation and ease of use for the IT team and their internal customers
- Product flexibility with the opportunity to request changes and customize features
- A strong user community to learn from and collaborate with
- ITIL-ready functionality
- Ability to extend to other functional areas beyond IT
In addition to Samanage, The Riverside Company evaluated a number of other products “We chose Samanage for its ease of use and ability to customize without having to use a third party resource,” said Lilie.
Within just a few days, the Samanage asset management agent was pushed out to all of their computers globally. “Just by pushing out that agent, I have real tangible access to data and can take immediate action on any potential risks, “ said Lilie. “That is meaningful not just to me but to others in my office that have to track assets, such as my CFO and accounting team. It [asset warranty notification] has been very important from a fiscal perspective, because you want to avoid contracts auto-renewing,” said Lilie.
Additionally, The Riverside Company has experienced the following results:
- Contracts added into Samanage have allowed for easier reporting and enabled the team to make informed decisions with the data being so easily accessible.
- They are now able to see all warranty information automatically for all hardware vendors (HP, Lenovo, Dell, and Apple) and quickly produce reports for each budgeting cycle in preparation for the next fiscal year.
- Tracking, and contract and vendor management are more centralized to quickly locate global assets and report on them.
Lilie adds that the Samanage Community has been an unexpected benefit to his team. “It’s rare to find a product team so engaged and fast to respond to questions and feature requests on a community,” said Lilie. “The level at which Samanage is active on their community speaks to the agility of the solution. It’s great to be able to tap into this agility as the product is continuously enhanced.”
The Riverside Company has also expanded its use of the Samanage Service Desk solution to other functional areas of the business including Human Resources, Compliance, and Marketing.
“I really see Samanage as the single source to house and manage all requests across the firm, be it marketing, human resources and obviously IT,” Lilie said. “That will have a very powerful impact for us, giving us the ability to provide better customer service to all Riverside team members regardless of where they are in the world.”
Samanage is enterprise service desk software that manages service relationships in the company and helps get work done. Samanage delivers an exceptional user experience with beautiful software that people love to use. Instantly deployed and continuously updated in the cloud, Samanage service and asset management software lets you quickly drive business value by connecting your people with the key business services they use every day. Visit http://www.samanage.com.