The interest in behavioral analytics as a means of detecting and measuring anomalous events that predict both cyber or insider attacks has skyrocketed in the past year as organizations search for accurate and effective threat detection technologies.
Ottawa, ON (PRWEB) April 15, 2015
Threat detection leader Interset will demonstrate at the RSA 2015 Conference how its behavioral analytics technology, combined with metadata collected from endpoints, directories and application logs, can better detect advanced threats that have penetrated perimeter defense, such as account takeovers, one of the most prevalent forms of cyber attack. The demo will be the first public showing of Interset 3, the Advanced Threat Detection Platform from Interset that features:
- Lightweight sensors and connectors which assemble extensive event metadata from across the enterprise to provide unparalleled visibility to risks and threats
- Advanced behavioral analytics to reduce noise, prioritize risks and focus resources on the greatest threats
- An intuitive, graphical interface that quickly and accurately visualizes the stages of advanced threats and provides forensic data so threats can be isolated and stopped.
Interset's approach to detecting account takeovers using advanced behavioral analytics is just one use case being featured at the RSA 2015 Conference under the company's #CoverYourAssets showcase, a presentation of outside and inside attacks that have been detected and prevented at real Interset customer sites.
"Once a cyber-attack has penetrated the perimeter defenses of a company and is expanding across the organization, it becomes very difficult to detect, with the attack hiding in user accounts and normal network traffic,” said Interset CTO Stephan Jou. "Most companies today cannot see when their perimeter has been breached by a targeted attack, nor can they see an insider who is stealing data. With the release of Interset 3, behavioral analytics becomes an intelligent interior line of defence, giving organizations both the proactive visibility and detection capability needed to quickly and accurately surface cyber-attacks and insider attacks as they are occurring, and stop them before data is compromised.”
20 For 20 Promotion at RSA 2015
Qualified RSA 2015 Conference attendees who pre-register for a sneak preview of Interset 3 and view a 20 minute demo at the show will receive their choice of a $20 gift card to Amazon, Google or iTunes while supplies last. Register at https://www.interset.com/coveryourassets/
Interset, a winner of the annual Security Innovation Network™ (SINET) 16 Innovators competition sponsored by the Dept. of Homeland Security, specializes in providing actionable and prioritized views of the real threats facing organizations with sensitive data to protect.
"The interest in behavioral analytics as a means of detecting and measuring anomalous events that predict both cyber or insider attacks has skyrocketed in the past year as organizations search for accurate and effective threat detection technologies," said Dale Quayle, Interset CEO. "Our approach at RSA 2015 is to highlight our customers best use cases -- based on first hand, real-world experience -- so that security professionals in charge of preventing these attacks can come away with an understanding of how powerful our Interset 3 platform is and how it can be deployed to cover the use cases specific to their organization.”
Interset #CoverYourAssets Case Study Showcase - Proven Ways to Detect Attacks
At RSA 2015, Interset will present five case studies each day highlighting how customers use Interset to detect advanced threats and prevent sensitive data from being stolen. If you are unable to attend the RSA Conference and are interested in seeing demonstrations of these cases studies please contact Interset at https://www.interset.com/schedule-a-demo/ to schedule a meeting with us. At RSA 2015, the case study showcase will include the following stories:
- Insider Threat –Employee Leaving Organization Interset can detect indicators that an employee is planning to leave and alert if the employee is stealing sensitive data.
- Insider Threat – Privileged Users Interset will recognize and surface improper and high risk behaviors carried out by IT Admins and other privileged users that other tools cannot see.
- Insider Threat – Espionage & Collusion Interset’s ability to correlate activity means it is effective in detecting and surfacing attacks where more than one employee is involved or where employees are knowingly staying below threshold alert levels.
- Cyber Attack – Account Takeover By collecting and correlating endpoint and directory data, Interset can associate authentication attempts with lateral movement anomalies to detect accurately detect accounts that have been compromised
- Cyber Attack – Internal Line of Defense If multiple accounts or machines have been compromised in an APT attack, Interset will detect the mid and late stages of the attack, acting as an internal line of defense and alert before the attack can compromise data.
Interset provides a highly intelligent and accurate insider and targeted outsider threat detection solution that unlocks the power of behavioral analytics, machine learning and big data to provide the fastest, most flexible and affordable way for IT teams of all sizes to operationalize a data protection program. Utilizing agentless data collectors, lightweight endpoint sensors, advanced behavioral analytics and an intuitive user interface; Interset provides unparalleled visibility over sensitive data, enabling early attack detection and actionable forensic intelligence with reduced false positives and noise. Interset solutions are deployed to protect critical data across the manufacturing, life sciences, hi-tech, finance, government, aerospace & defense and securities brokerage industries.
For more information, visit https://www.interset.com/ and follow us on twitter @intersetca.