BRIDGEPORT, W.Va. (PRWEB) April 16, 2015
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC and Bloomberg BNA have teamed up to publish the groundbreaking whitepaper “When Worlds Collide: Results of the Rise of Private Equity as the Funding Source of Choice for American Oil and Gas Developers.” The paper examines the changing nature of oil and gas financial transactions in which private equity is participating. The paper was released during The Future of Energy Summit in New York City on April 13-15, 2015.
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC attorneys Sharon O. Flanery, Russell L. Schetroma, Kurt L. Krieger, Michael B. Stuart, and Ryan J. Morgan all contributed to the paper, seeking to share their experiences of the firm’s involvement in recent oil and gas investment transactions. The paper highlights particular challenges for investors lacking extensive experience in the oil and gas sector, including on the legal and regulatory sides, while also noting areas of promise for investment due to current market dynamics.
Some of the topics the paper addresses include:
- The renaissance of U.S. oil and gas production
- The drive of private equity investment into oil and gas assets
- The challenges investors face venturing into oil and gas for the first time
- Operational and regulatory barriers
- How private equity firms have different expectations from traditional oil and gas investors
- How interest from private equity is unabated throughout the recent steep oil price decline
- Midstream and downstream segments of the oil and gas market
To request a copy of “When Worlds Collide: Results of the Rise of Private Equity as the Funding Source of Choice for American Oil and Gas Developers,” visit: http://www.steptoe-johnson.com/content/whitepaper-request
About Steptoe & Johnson
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC is a U.S. law firm with more than 325 attorneys and core strengths in energy, business, employment, and litigation. Steptoe & Johnson operates 15 offices in six states including Colorado, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and West Virginia. For more information, visit http://www.steptoe-johnson.com and connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more information, contact Betsy Spellman, Chief Marketing Officer, at (304) 933-8000 or by email: press(at)steptoe-johnson(dot)com.