(PRWEB) April 16, 2015
The American Board of Certification announced that Gregory M. Shanfeld with the law firm of Wadhwani & Shanfeld, APLC in Sherman Oaks, California has successfully completed the requirements for national certification in Consumer Bankruptcy Law.
To become certified, Gregory M. Shanfeld satisfied the following requirements:
- full time practice of law for at least five years;
- good standing in the bars of all states where a license to practice law is held;
- devoted at least 30% of practice time and at least 400 hours to bankruptcy related matters in the last three years:
- documented involvement in consumer bankruptcy by providing information on cases practiced:
- demonstrated commitment to continuing legal education by earning at least 60 hours of bankruptcy education in the past three years.
- passed an extensive, day-long written examination covering consumer bankruptcy issues.
The American Board of Certification (ABC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the public and improving the quality of the bankruptcy bar. The rigorous ABC certification standards are designed to encourage bankruptcy practitioners to strive toward excellence and to recognize those attorneys who are experts in the bankruptcy field. The ABC offers separate certification programs in business and consumer bankruptcy and creditors' rights. All three ABC certification programs are accredited by the American Bar Association. For a complete listing of certified attorneys, see our web page at: http://www.abcworld.org.
Even Congress has recognized the value of certification by adding it to the list of Section 330 compensation factors in the new bankruptcy la\v. Legislators and courts recognize that the successful operation of the bankruptcy system depends upon the involvement of professionals with special expertise. This new law recognizes that Board certification provides a simple, meaningful, and objective measure of skill and expertise in the bankruptcy field.
The ABC is co-sponsored by The American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America. The ABC Board of Directors consists of many of the nation's finest bankruptcy and creditors' rights lawyers, former judges, and law professors.