16th GEPET will lead discussions on the impact of low crude prices on PET market, RPET industry vis-à-vis low virgin PET prices.
Lyon, France (PRWEB) April 28, 2015
Opening the 16th edition of CMT's premier PET meet is David Swift, Managing Director, PCI (PET Packaging, Resin & Recycling) Ltd with his views on the burgeoning question – Low oil: Opportunity or threat to polyester packaging? Joining him are prominent PET packaging majors including Nestle Waters MT and APPE sharing key perspectives on ‘Packaging Sustainability: Why we should look at the entire product life cycle’, ‘Revolutionary ThermaLite PET jars - for hot/cold fill and all methods of pasteurisation’ as well as French converter PDG Plastiques with an insightful update on ‘PET packaging for milk and dairy products’.
Topics related to bio-based paraxylene from non-food biomass, PX competitiveness, competitiveness in the RPET business will be delivered by C-level executives from Anellotech Inc, Reliance Technology Group, Reliance Industries Ltd and Sorepla, respectively. Alessandro Pirondini, President - PET Business, JBF Rak LLC will provide an update on their latest PET production plant in Europe. Attendees of 16th GEPET will also hear first-hand about Suntory's global packaging activities.
In addition to above, other vital sessions include:
- Update on the specific collaborative project between Suntory and OSG, 'OASIS 2L Light-weighting – Orangina Schweppes Group
- Cooling Systems for PET and Beverages Industry: New Paradigms – Frigel Firenze S.p.A.
- Food Grade PET Recycling in one simple extrusion step – Gneuss Kunststofftechnik GmbH
- APET Sheets for trays and ready meals packaging – A producer’s perspective – AMB SRL.
- From PET bottle flakes to high-quality yarns – BB Engineering GmbH
- RPET for direct food contact. Quality control and traceability as the current challenges in rPET sheet production – Starlinger
On the sidelines of 16th GEPET, a pre-conference site visit to state-of-the-art APPE PET recycling plant in Beaune is scheduled on 10 June while a post-conference workshop on ‘Improving RPET Quality for Food Contact Applications & New Developments in PET (bottles /trays/ sheets) Recycling’ to be conducted by Edward Kosior, Managing Director, Nextek Ltd will run on 12 June.
View event website or contact Ms. Hafizah at +65 6346 9218 for more details.