San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 20, 2015
Splice Machine, provider of the Hadoop RDBMS, today announced it has partnered with mrc (michaels, ross & cole ltd.), a global software company that specializes in web application development software. As a part of this partnership, Splice Machine’s Hadoop RDBMS has been certified and integrated with mrc’s m-Power platform to create an affordable, scalable option for web and mobile application developers who want to tap into large amounts of real-time data.
With a point-and-click UI, the m-Power platform automates the development of all types of enterprise web (and mobile web) applications, such as BI applications, reports, portals, e-commerce applications, dashboards, and more. Its integration with Splice Machine will enable m-Power to deliver even faster and more sophisticated application development on Hadoop. In addition, the partnership will help CIOs address some of their biggest challenges, including:
- Deliver solutions quickly. m-Power’s easy to use, point and click interface eliminates coding and its template-driven build process reduces testing, ensuring that developers get up and running in no time. Splice Machine and m-Power allow developers to use the tools with which they are most productive.
- Scale-out existing systems. Splice Machine and m-Power are dedicated to fully integrating into existing infrastructure without application changes or rewrites. As a scale-out SQL database on Hadoop, Splice Machine uses industry-standard ODBC/JDBC connectors to seamlessly power existing SQL applications, and its partnership with m-Power now completes a smooth transition for developers.
- Future-proof architecture. m-Power’s flexibility and cloud-readiness gives a company freedom to deploy mobile, web and Internet of Things applications, anywhere. Splice Machine also protects businesses from exponential data growth by scaling out affordably on commodity hardware and performing 3-7x faster than traditional relational databases. Now, enterprises can manage big data scale for years to come.
- Bridge the skills gap. There is no need to bring on new, specialized hires or constantly retrain your current IT organization. Splice Machine and m-Power’s ease-of-use means that companies can focus less time on learning new skills and more time on solving actual business problems.
- Consolidate siloed applications. With Splice Machine’s Hadoop RDBMS, customers can combine their point application solutions through a single data platform that lowers their overall database TCO.
“The demand for programming talent to handle application development is growing faster than the supply of skilled talent, especially around newer platforms like Hadoop,” said Monte Zweben, co-founder and CEO, Splice Machine. “Our partnership with mrc gives businesses a solution that can speed real-time application deployment on Hadoop with the staff and tools they currently have, while also offering affordable scale out on commodity hardware for future growth.”
“Our partnership with Splice Machine will help companies improve agility and adapt to changing business needs,” said Sal Stangarone, Partner at mrc. “Splice Machine’s Hadoop RDBMS combined with the m-Power Development Platform helps businesses quickly deliver future-proof applications over a database that scales to meet increasing data demands.”
To demonstrate this partnership in action, visit the demo site to show just how application developers can benefit from running m-Power applications on Splice Machine.
About Splice Machine
Splice Machine’s Hadoop RDBMS is designed to scale real-time applications using commodity hardware without application rewrites. The Splice Machine database is a modern, scale-out alternative to traditional RDBMSs, such as Oracle®, MySQL™, IBM DB2® and Microsoft SQL Server®, that can deliver over a 10x improvement in price/performance. As a full-featured Hadoop RDBMS with ACID transactions, the Splice Machine database helps customers power real-time applications and operational analytics, especially as they approach Big Data scale.
mrc’s development platform, m-Power, is used to create business applications and can run on any platform that supports Java (e.g. OS/400, Linux, Unix, and Windows). Applications access any JDBC/ODBC compliant database such as DB2/400, Progress, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, SQLServer and others, or any combination thereof. m-Power is used to create an endless variety of Java-based business applications, such as mobile apps, web reports, dashboards, eCommerce apps, business intelligence, and more. The m-Power Platform also automates translation and offers full multi-lingual support.