Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 20, 2015
All those postings and photos, but how well can anyone possibly know someone through social media? The engaging social card game WHOM helps answer that. Created by award-winning industry creative Joey Caroni, a team of artists and a ton of late night play sessions, WHOM is a completely new take on card games that pits friends against friends in a game of secrets and big reveals. In WHOM, only the best friends will come out on top.
WHOM has completed pre-production and is now pre-selling the game on Kickstarter.
“WHOM has been in process for a long time and was born from my desire to get to know my friends better,” Joey Caroni said. “WHOM games are always very revealing and result in many funny ‘aha’ moments among friends. At the end of every game, players leave knowing their friends better, and usually being pretty shocked at the results.”
In a high tech world where interactions with friends are largely fleeting and more about, perhaps, what we eat or going to the gym, game nights among friends are seeing a huge resurgence. WHOM is designed to take a typical game night and not only make it incredibly fun but also really insightful. It is the perfect conversation starter and can be played with old and new friends alike. WHOM launched a Kickstarter to meet the minimum quantities needed by their suppliers to ship the card game.
For a $25 pledge, Kickstarter backers can get the full game at launch this summer. Each set includes 50 full-color WHOM question cards (4.75 inch x 4.75 inch), a premium magnetic box, card stand and 50-sheet score pad.
WHOM also created some innovative additional rewards for larger pledges, which include the limited WHOM “Selfie Package” where a WHOM artist will draw you directly into a future piece of game art.
- Beautifully Illustrated – Original artwork by eight noteworthy and talented artists.
- Expansions - Booster decks of 50 additional cards featuring all new art and questions
- Bonus Questions – Call out friends in a popular vote to see which one best fits each description
- Friend Score – The total number of questions guessed right for a player. Soulmate status or work on that friendship? WHOM shows!
- Easy Fun – Hysterical, revealing and downright disturbing fun in four steps.
How to WHOM:
1. Draw a card and read the question and all of the answers out loud.
2. Choose an answer for yourself and make a best guess for each player. Then, write them on the scoresheet.
3. Take turns revealing answers. Each correct answer earns a point!
4. The player with the most points at the end of the game is the winner.
In the future, there are plans for a WHOM mobile game (already in development) and other multimedia products, but getting the physical card game to consumers is WHOM’s priority now.
Art assets are available here:
WHOM is an illustrated party card game with hilariously revealing questions that test how well a person really knows their friends and what they really think about you! WHOM was designed as a game to play with a significant other, best friend, coworkers, the gang from high school, family or even someone you’ve just met. In an age when people share everything in social media, WHOM makes the universal human experience of getting to know someone a fun and rewarding challenge, with points! For more information, please visit http://www.theWHOMgame.com.
# # #