Bronx, NY (PRWEB) April 17, 2015
Calvary Hospital recently announced Timothy P. Barr will be joining the Calvary Fund, Inc. as Executive Vice President on May 11. The Fund directs all fundraising efforts in support of the Hospital’s unique and historic mission. Barr succeeds Vincent J. Spinelli, who retired several months ago.
“We are delighted that Tim has agreed to take on and supervise the important work that the Fund does every year,” said Frank A. Calamari, president and CEO. “As Calvary continues to expand and bring our signature care to people who need it most, it is essential that we have an ambassador for the hospital who is extremely committed to all Calvary patients and families.”
Thomas J. Fahey, Jr., M.D., Chairman, Calvary Hospital Board of Directors, added, “We expect that Tim’s accomplishments to date and understanding of Calvary’s unique mission will help him attract increased support for all of the Hospital’s programs and services.”
Barr joins Calvary from St. Joseph’s Healthcare System in New Jersey. During his 14-year tenure, Barr’s numerous accomplishments have included (but are not limited to):
- Directing all facets of a $50 million Capital Campaign, the most ambitious in the hospital’s history
- Securing multiple major gifts from $1-$5 million for the medical center
- Increasing fundraising from the hospital’s annual gala and Golf Outing to record levels
- Creating a Leadership Giving Society which has produced $1 million annually for the past 13 years in support of the Hospital’s Annual Fund
- Establishing partnerships and signature special events with other organizations to support St. Joseph’s programs and services
Previously, Barr has also held fundraising positions of increasing responsibility with WNET/Thirteen (Director of Development), Pace University (Executive Director-Office of Institutional Advancement), Fordham University School of Law (Director of Development), Manhattan College (Director of Alumni Relations), New York University (Director of Alumni Relations) and Fordham University (Assistant Director of Alumni Relations).
Barr is extremely active in civic and community groups in Upper Montclair, NJ, where he and his family reside. The list of his board memberships, committee participation and honors are very extensive. These include (but are not limited to):
- Serving on the Montclair Board of Education
- Board of Trustees for the Montclair Volunteer Ambulance Unit
- Chair of Montclair’s 4th of July Celebration and Parade Announcer
- Board of Trustees of the Gas Lamp Academy of Performing Arts
- Serving on the board of the Montclair Community Pre-K
- Board of Trustees for the Families of September 11/Children of September
Barr graduated from Fordham University with a master’s degree in Public Affairs and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Economy.
About Calvary Hospital:
For more than a century, Calvary Hospital has been the nation’s only fully accredited acute care specialty hospital devoted exclusively to providing palliative care to adult patients with advanced cancer and other life-limiting illnesses. More than 5,800 patients are cared for annually by Calvary’s inpatient, outpatient, home care, hospice and wound care services. Inpatient care is offered at our 200-bed facility in the Bronx and our 25-bed Brooklyn Satellite at Lutheran Medical Center. Calvary Hospice provides short-term inpatient care at The Dawn Greene Hospice, located at Mary Manning Walsh Home in Manhattan. To learn more or sign up for the e-newsletter, Calvary Life, please go to http://www.calvaryhospital.org.