From the 1960s through the present day, this sale features a dynamic selection of photographs by important artists.
New York / Berlin (PRWEB) April 21, 2015
artnet Auctions presents a special auction of photographic works by some of the most notable photographers of our time. From the 1960s through the present day, this sale features a dynamic selection of photographs by important artists, including Ruud van Empel, Ryan McGinley, Peter Beard, Philip-Lorca diCorcia, David LaChapelle, Louise Lawler, Alex Guofeng Cao, Candida Höfer, Thomas Struth, Gerhard Richter, and Helmut Newton.
- Ruud van Empel, Venus #6, 2007. Estimated at $25,000 to 30,000.
- Louise Lawler, Chaissac, 1987. Estimated at $20,000 to 25,000.
- David LaChapelle, Exposure of Luxury, 2009. Estimated at $28,000 to 33,000.
- Alex Prager, Alexandra, 2007. Estimated at $22,000 to 26,000.
- Philip-Lorca diCorcia, Los Angeles (Man with Plastic Bag), 1994. Estimated at $8,000 to 12,000.
- Peter Beard, I’ll Write Whenever I Can, 2001. Estimated at $9,000 to 12,000.
- Ruud van Empel, Figure, 2014. Estimated at $35,000 to 45,000.
- Thomas Struth, Park Avenue New York/Midtown, 1978. Estimated at $10,000 to 12,000.
- Gerhard Richter, Domecke I (Cathedral Corner I), 1998. Estimated at $15,000 to 20,000.
Contemporary Photography is live on artnet Auctions now through April 29, 2015, and is on view at http://www.artnet.com/auctions/contemporary-photography-0415.
For more information about this sale, please contact artnet Auctions specialist:
+1-212-497-9700 ext. 121
artnet is the leading online resource for the international art market. Established in 1989, artnet provides reliable information and market transparency to art collectors. With our comprehensive suite of products, artnet can empower anyone with a passion for art.
With 24/7 worldwide bidding, artnet Auctions & Private Sales is a dynamic marketplace for collecting art. Our online auction platform provides a unique collecting experience with seamless flow between consignors, specialists, and collectors. Our auctions and private sales community influences new collectors and inspires everyone to collect art.