We're honored to share our latest research and analysis at the SIOP conference, and to help further the scientific understanding of the workplace
DALLAS (PRWEB) April 21, 2015
Assess Systems experts will literally be front-and-center when industrial and organizational (I/O) psychologists gather this week to discuss the latest scientific findings about the workplace. The Assess Systems team will deliver presentations at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) annual conference, to be held April 23 through 25 in Philadelphia, providing insights about critical workplace topics including 360-degree ratings, organizational commitment, veteran hiring, and millennial talent.
"Given the constant pressure to identify, hire, develop, and promote best talent, companies need to continually improve their understanding of how human capital drives business success," Assess Systems President and CEO Steve Sasser said. "Our presentations reflect our in-depth understanding of workforce science and illustrate how we are advancing human capital management daily."
Assess Systems will deliver the following presentations:
- Finding Value in 360-Feedback Rater Disagreements -- Data analysis reveals that personality differences between raters and ratees--particularly in levels of extraversion and agreeableness--create variable 360-rating results. Simple differences in temperament or interpersonal style may have implications for how participants and raters are likely to evaluate each other.
- AttenTION! Integrating Military Veterans Into the Workforce -- This symposium asserts that veterans could be best assimilated into a post-military career if specific competencies learned in the military are matched to specific job roles. It is supported by an analysis of sales associate positions at a large national retail store that found veterans were more likely to be hired, likely due to a competency overlap, and also illustrated somewhat stronger on-the-job performance.
- The Millennial Profile: Truth, Trash, or Trivial? -- The presentation asserts that hiring managers need to be aware of personality and value differences among generations so that generational diversity can be embraced in a productive way.
- Profiling Commitment: Person-Centered Approaches to Organizational Commitment -- The symposium examines how desire, obligation and the perceived cost of leaving combine to form a person's overall commitment to an employer. Extensive data analysis revealed that there are four different personality profiles associated with different levels of organizational commitment.
- So You Think You Can Practice I/O Psychology -- Assess Systems conducts one of nine presentations in this session, which is designed to illuminate current perspectives on being an I/O practitioner.
- The Best of Frenemies -- This panel addresses how business rivals collaborate to reach higher practice and scientific value as well as succeed in the same competitive marketplace.
"We're honored to share our latest research and analysis at the SIOP conference, and to help further the scientific understanding of the workplace," said Keith McCook, Ph.D., Assess Systems' Senior Director of Research and Science. "Helping organizations achieve better talent selection and employee development is more than just our business. It's also our passion."
About Assess Systems
Assess Systems is a global, innovative SaaS technology and services company providing talent selection and people development solutions. Focusing on person-job-organization fit, their assessment solutions help clients select, develop, and promote talent for improved business outcomes. For 30 years, Assess Systems has assessed millions annually across industries, spanning 42 countries and supporting 16 languages. Solutions include: selection process design; competency modeling; pre-employment assessments; competency-based professional, management, and sales assessments; eLearning; leadership & team development programs; 360-degree assessment and feedback; succession planning; and executive assessment and coaching. For additional information, please call 972-233-6055 or visit http://www.assess-systems.com.
VP, Marketing and Product Management