San Rafael, CA (PRWEB) April 23, 2015
Health and wellness tend to take a backseat to almost everything else in our daily lives. Between work, family, friends and hobbies, it can be hard to squeeze in time for a daily workout. But studies show that working to find just 30 minutes a day to dedicate to movement can have significant effects on one’s health. Vionic’s Innovation Lab experts show that you can achieve this goal simply by getting creative!
What's the significance of the number 30?
- A study in The American Journal of Physiology shows that 30 minutes of exercise a day works just as well as an hour in helping overweight adults lose weight. Part of the explanation may be that people found 30 minutes of exercise so doable that they had the desire and energy for additional physical activity throughout the day.
- Exercising for even a short amount of time can boost the metabolism and induce endorphin release, relieving symptoms of depression and anxiety and improving one’s mood.
- Regular exercise or physical activity helps many of the body’s systems function better and helps prevent heart disease, diabetes and more. It’s also a key component to weight loss.
How to get back on track:
- Identify what is keeping you from a achieving a daily practice of movement. Make a commitment to “be your own advocate” and prioritize your physical health.
- Develop sustainable habits and patterns that will put you on a path to long-term success in your health and wellbeing. Movement, meditation and nutrition are the three pillars of a balanced lifestyle.
- Work to incorporate the theme of mindfulness into your choices. Making thoughtful, deliberate decisions about your diet and your exercise routine puts you in the driver’s seat, and will help you to hold yourself accountable.
- Unplug. Digital devices, even workout aids, can create a distraction. The goal is to get in touch with your body, not to be a slave to self-monitoring with technology.
The Vionic Innovation Lab suggests:
"On a healthy spring day, why not have your meeting while walking around your building? Data supports that you'll retain information longer and feel better while doing it!" -- David G. Armstrong, DPM, MD, PhD, University of Arizona College of Medicine
"Get a friend to commit to the goal, too. Humans are social beings, and we will often be more committed to a task if we make a mutual promise to someone else that we are going to do it with them." -- Brian Hoke, Physical Therapist & Sports Medicine Clinical Specialist
"Why not turn your home into a mini gym? Instead of just watching TV in the evening, press ups, sits ups, bridges and squats will help to keep you fit while you watch your favorite show. With an exercise mat and some elastic bandage you can perform a range of resistance exercises to help keep you strong and improve your stability -- no more couch potato!" -- Trevor Prior, Podiatric Surgeon
"If you haven't been exercising at all recently, it is best to begin by walking, which can become almost equal to jogging in terms of getting your heart rate pumping for a healthy cardiovascular workout. A big danger when beginning to work out is doing too much too soon, leading to injuries that can put at least a temporary end to your exercise program." -- Dr. Andrew Weil, Integrative Medicine expert
Vionic footwear merges unparalleled biomechanical technology with versatile, modern design fit for every occasion. Developed by Phillip Vasyli, renowned Australian podiatrist and founder of Orthaheel Technology, Vionic shoes help restore natural foot function and relieve foot pain due to misalignment, promoting a more active lifestyle. Vionic’s footwear and orthotic inserts are also endorsed by noted integrative medicine expert, Dr. Andrew Weil. With premium materials, artful construction and streamlined silhouettes, Vionic’s men’s and women’s collections provide standout style with exceptional comfort and functionality.
The Vionic footwear collection is available at select quality retailers across North America, including Nordstrom.com, Dillard’s, Belk and Zappos.com, and at VionicShoes.com.
For samples or additional information about Vionic with Orthaheel Technology, please contact amy(at)bigpicpr(dot)com.