A patient would come in with what they termed ‘turkey neck’ and think they needed a facelift. But that was their only problem area, and when I explained that it could be addressed in a more area-specific way, they were thrilled.
Healdsburg, California (PRWEB) April 29, 2015
Renowned facial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Stanley Jacobs is introducing two all-new “mini” procedures targeting specific zones of the face and in so doing, is introducing a new concept to the field of facial cosmetic surgery, refining the idea of the traditional facelift in the San Francisco area: the ZoneLift. The Mini Neck Lift and the Mini Cheek Lift are two new procedures that are available now in his practice. For a candidate patient, the procedures deliver results to a target area of the face while shortening the healing time and reducing the cost—and both procedures may be done under local rather than general anesthetic.
“Less can absolutely be more,” Dr. Jacobs says of this approach. “My ZoneLift procedures, the Mini Neck and Mini Cheek Lifts, offer patients the flexibility to address a specific problem area without the need for a more comprehensive facelift. This is especially important since there are often patients who don’t need what a ‘full’ facelift has to offer.”
The new ZoneLift procedures were developed gradually over many years, but formally introduced as stand-alone procedures only recently in Dr. Jacobs’ practice. In reality, Dr. Jacobs has been delivering results on a zone basis for some time—each zone generally representing a component of a traditional deep plane facelift. Facial cosmetic surgeons naturally divide the surgical field into zones, and a deep plane facelift is the result of multiple zones being refined simultaneously, with the result being the sum of the changes made. For most patients, a facelift involves the neck, cheek, and jowl areas. Dr. Jacobs’ MiniLift procedure addresses the cheek and the jowl.
“My experience and the needs expressed by my patients drew me to this approach over time,” Dr. Jacobs says. “A patient would come in with what they termed ‘turkey neck’ and think they needed a facelift. But that was their only problem area, and when I explained that it could be addressed in a more area-specific way, they were thrilled. It just wasn’t what they expected.”
The ability to offer the new procedures under local anesthetic may be a significant factor for some patients. Local anesthetics shorten the patient’s immediate post-op period, since the patient is conscious throughout the procedure.
The targeting of the ZoneLift offers a variety of significant benefits to the patient:
- A ZoneLift may be all that patients need to achieve the outcome they are looking for if one problem area is more of a concern than another
- Injectables such as collagen, Restylane®, Botox® Cosmetic, and others have natural limits on what they can achieve for the patient, and a ZoneLift may be an alternative and more long-lasting way to address the problem area
- The targeted approach may offer a patient the ability to address a problem area earlier, before a more complete facial cosmetic surgical approach might be considered
- The neck is a problem area that cannot be addressed with injectables, so a Mini Neck Lift is the only way to address the neck while not undertaking a facelift
- The recovery period for the patient is shorter, with a smaller surgical field and smaller incisions
- The cost is notably lower as compared to a facelift procedure
- Mini Cheek Lift and Mini Neck Lift may be done under local anesthetic
Dr. Stanley W. Jacobs is a triple-board-certified facial cosmetic surgeon who has specialized in facial cosmetic procedures for more than 25 years, performing more than 7,000 surgeries in that time. He is an elected House Delegate for the California Medical Association, a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and a published researcher and lecturer. He is the innovator of the SynergyLift™, Serial VectorLift™, and MiniLift procedures. His practice is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Care. In addition to his successful surgical practice, Dr. Jacobs is also CEO of Stanley Jacobs MD Skin Care, a growing skin care company with products inspired by Ancient Egyptian formulas Dr. Jacobs deciphered from the Edwin-Smith Papyrus and refined to create new, modern formulas for tighter, youthful skin. Learn more about all of this, including his alternative to a full facelift in the San Francisco area, at drstanleyjacobs.com. His skin care website is stanleyjacobsmd.com.