Derby, CT (PRWEB) April 29, 2015
More than 1,000 healthcare professionals, patients and family members are expected to participate in the Planetree International Conference on Patient-Centered Care, being held at the Boston Marriott Copley Place in Boston, Massachusetts from October 11-14. Now in its 23rd year, the Conference will highlight patient-centered care as a viable solution for achieving the “Triple Aim” goal of better care and better health at lower costs.
Beyond this focus on global healthcare reform, the Conference will also emphasize the profound ways that adoption of patient-centered approaches to care at an organizational and individual level can create more positive, enriching healthcare experiences for patients and professionals. Registration is now open with an early bird rate available until June. For the first time, Planetree is offering discounted rates to patient advocates and volunteer patient/family advisors.
“This is a challenging time in healthcare, to be sure,” said Susan Frampton, Planetree’s President. “Healthcare globally is undergoing a radical shift, with everything from payment structures and how we define quality to how we partner with patients and make decisions being reconsidered.” She goes on to add, “These are hot topics at almost every healthcare conference this year, but the Planetree Conference is unique in its ability to bring together patients and providers to chart a practical and actionable path for delivering on the promise of patient-centered care to bring greater value and quality to our healthcare delivery system.”
An interdisciplinary event, the Planetree International Conference brings together healthcare professionals from across the care continuum – CEOs, physicians, patient experience officers, practice managers, long-term care specialists, researchers, nurses, executives, patient advocate professionals and volunteer patient and family advisors (among others) – to support, collaborate and learn from each other. Participants share a common goal: to convert the best of intentions for providing patient-centered care into concrete implementation strategies that will make a discernible difference in the lives and care of patients and will enable healthcare professionals to find greater meaning, purpose and satisfaction in their chosen work.
Highlights of the four-day conference include:
- Tours of Griffin Hospital (Derby, CT), a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital and Boston Children’s Hospital (Boston, MA), where participants will experience patient-centered care in the field.
- Presentations by healthcare professionals with firsthand experience implementing patient-centered care
- Personal testimonials from patients and family members that humanizes what it means to provide patient-centered care and the toll exacted when care is not patient-centered
- Interactive exhibits demonstrating patient-centered care in action
- Dynamic panel discussions where diverse perspectives and ideas will coalesce into concrete solutions for improvement
In addition, recently announced keynote speakers include:
Monday, October 12th
- Sarah E. Kucharski - Patient Advocate, CEO/Chairman and Founder of FMD Chat
- Alan Manning - Patient Advocate, Speaker , Co-Founder, Kisses from Katie
- Adrianne Haslet-Davis -Dancer, Speaker, Philanthropist, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
Tuesday, October 13th
- Laura Batz Townsend, Co-Founder and President of Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation
- Dr. Kevin Pho, Physician of Internal Medicine and Founder of KevinMD.com
- Jonathan Bush, CEO & President athenahealth, Inc. Serves on Harvard Med. School Board of Fellows
Wednesday, October 14th
- Diana Nyad, Record-Breaking Endurance, Athlete and Sports Journalist
For more information on conference logistics, the program, opportunities for participation and more, visit http://planetree.org/conference or call 203-732-1365.
Planetree, Inc. is a mission based not-for-profit organization that partners with healthcare organizations around the world and across the care continuum to transform how care is delivered. Powered by over 50,000 focus groups with patients, families, and staff, and over 35 years of experience working with healthcare organizations, Planetree is uniquely positioned to represent the patient voice and advance how professional care-givers engage with patients and families. Guided by a foundation in 10 components of patient-centered care, Planetree informs policy at a national level, aligns strategies at a system level, guides implementation of care delivery practices at an organizational level, and facilitates compassionate human interactions at a deeply personal level. Our philosophical conviction that patient-centered care is the “right thing to do” is supported by a structured process that enables sustainable change.