San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 30, 2015
An innovative partnership between SFGoodwill and the popular on demand transportation platform, Uber. On Saturday, May 2, donors can open the app and request a pickup for their donations to be delivered by an Uber directly to their local Goodwill, free of charge.
Building on the success of previous promotions in the New York, Boston and San Francisco areas, this is the second time SFGoodwill and Uber have partnered on a full-scale nationwide campaign to combine the power of donating with the convenience of ordering a ride via a mobile device. The partnership is available in more than 50 cities across the United States as well as in Sao Paulo, Brazil where both Goodwill and Uber operate.
WHAT: Here’s how it works:
1. Collect the jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and other clothing items to donate to Goodwill.
2. On Saturday, May 2, donors will open the Uber app and be able to select the GIVE option on the bottom of the screen.
3. An Uber SUV will arrive to pickup clothing bags, and the driver will drop-off the donations to Goodwill.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept donations.
- Drivers will arrive at requested pickup locations. Donors are responsible for bringing bags outside as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended.
- For those who have already completed their spring cleaning and donations, or live in areas where Uber isn’t available, monetary donations can be made to Goodwill at http://give.goodwill.org
WHEN: Saturday, May 2, 2015
10am - 4pm
Flagship Store Donation Center, Fillmore Donation Center and Marina Donation Center
VISUALS: Goodwill and Uber representatives interviewed at the Goodwill store about the promotion. Broll of Uber driver partners collecting donations from Goodwill donors and then driving them to Goodwill where donation attendants and SFGoodwill employees helping unload and process donated items.
NOTE: We will not be offering ridealongs on Saturday.
CONTACT: To schedule an interview with Uber and Goodwill representatives contact:
Tim Murray at SFGoodwill
Uber is a technology platform that is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 300 cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. Follow us on Twitter: @Uber and find us on Facebook: Uber.
We create solutions to poverty through the businesses we operate. Last year we changed the lives of 640 local people and their families by placing them in jobs. An additional 7000 people found a dignified path out of poverty through our job training and placement services. Find out more at: sfgoodwill.org