Of those celebrating Mother's Day, the average adult will spend about $120.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 29, 2015
According to a recent Offers.com survey, U.S. mothers would prefer to be pampered with a massage this Mother's Day instead of receiving a gift card or jewelry.
"Our survey shows that people will spend close to $120 on Mother's Day this year," said Offers.com savings expert Howard Schaffer. “Since moms prefer time at spas and restaurants, consumers should prioritize their spending on these types of gifts."
Mother's Day Spending
Of those celebrating Mother's Day, the average adult will spend about $120, which will be spent on purchases such as gifts, a meal, and flowers.
- The 85% of those buying a gift for Mother's Day will spend $59 on average.
- The 73% of those buying a meal for Mother's Day will spend $61 on average.
- The 60% of those buying flowers for Mother's Day will spend $45 on average.
Top Mother's Day Gifts
When asked which Mother's Day gifts they'd like to receive, moms chose experiences over material gifts.
- The top 3 gifts chosen by moms are close in popularity: massages (21%), meals (20%), and flowers (20%).
- Other gifts like gift cards (17%), jewelry (14%), and electronics (8%) proved to be much less popular among U.S. moms.
What's with the flowers?
Though the majority of U.S. adults (62%) say they plan to buy flowers for Mother's Day, only 20% of moms said they'd like to receive flowers.
- Of those buying flowers, the average person plans to spend about $45.
- The majority (48%) plans to spend $50 or less on Mother's Day flowers, while 9% will spend between $50 and $100, and only 5% plan to spend more than $100.
- 38% are celebrating Mother's Day without buying flowers.
"People are planning to spend $45 on flowers, but our data shows the average flower order is $55 around Mother’s Day." Schaffer said. “That said, those on a budget can still find great offers and coupon codes for flowers at our Mother's Day Savings Center."
For more survey results, visit the Offers.com Blog.
Offers.com is a leading online destination for consumers to save time and money. Each day we serve up the top coupon codes, product deals, and other offers from more than 7,000 stores and brands. Offers.com has over 50,000 of the best offers in 300 categories, including clothing, electronics, household goods, and credit cards. Offers are verified and updated daily by the Offers.com deal experts. The company, founded in 2009, is based in Austin, Texas.
About the Survey
The Offers.com Mother's Day Survey was conducted April 21-23, 2015, among more than 1,000 U.S. adults. This online survey was conducted using Google Consumer Surveys.