We have experienced a heightened interest in firms requesting an evaluation of their in-house litigation discovery processes. By understanding these critical processes, firms can more effectively manage their cost recovery situation.
Chadds Ford, PA (PRWEB) April 29, 2015
Today, Mattern & Associates announced the results of a new survey on how law firms are managing eDiscovery and Litigation Support Services and recovering those costs from their clients. With 59 participants from across the country, the survey reveals key, actionable insights into firm billing practices across firm size and geographic location.
Mattern & Associates, widely recognized for the bi-annual Cost Recovery Survey, conducted the eDiscovery and Litigation Support Survey to address the questions asked by law firm leaders nationwide:
- Should our firm invest in technology and human capital to provide these services in-house?
- Are clients willing to pay for in-house eDiscovery services?
- What services and fees is other firms billing clients for in the eDiscovery services space?
The Survey was conducted from March 2 to March 26, 2015, was distributed to firms ranging from Am Law 100 to mid-sized, and was dispersed geographically.
Highlights of the survey included:
- 28% utilize a Managed Services approach for eDiscovery
- 80% recover 3rd party expenses for eDiscovery Managed Services
- 78% currently manage litigation discovery in-house on Firm infrastructure
- 76% currently provide digital document services / litigation support on-site
Rob Mattern, President of Mattern & Associates, said: “We have experienced a heightened interest in firms requesting an evaluation of their in-house litigation discovery processes. By understanding these critical processes, firms can more effectively manage their cost recovery situation and be better placed to implement a firmwide strategic plan to increase net billable revenue.”
For more information, please contact Lisa Schneider at lschneider(at)matternassoc(dot)com.
About Mattern & Associates
Mattern & Associates assists law firms in developing an unbiased strategic direction for their business processes while improving both the cost-effectiveness and the recovery of expenses for these services.
For more information on Mattern & Associates, visit http://www.matternassoc.com, check out their blog, http://www.matternoffact.com, or follow them on Twitter @MatternOfFact. The company is based in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.