The staircase is the heart of your home and the first impression.
Alpharetta, GA (PRWEB) May 07, 2015
A valued and trusted resource in Atlanta, Stair Solution specializes in inspired transformations of staircases to update homes, inside and out. With the largest showroom in the Southeast, homeowners have an opportunity to visualize interior and exterior makeover options, and receive a free design consultation with experts on site.
Stair Solution offers exterior railings in a variety of options for entry stairs, porches and decks. Handrails, spindles and gates are available in a variety of materials including steel, extruded aluminum, and stainless. Metal rail systems are strong, durable, easy to maintain, and will give homes a classic, traditional style. Railing systems are easy to install and maintenance free for 15 years.
Whether leading into a home or just inside the door, stairs are often one of the first impressions of any home. Refinishing stairs can be a labor of love for the DIYer, and becomes increasingly complicated for those wanting to replace spindles or balusters. Stair Solution’s skilled team of designers, renovators and installers are dedicated to refreshing and renovating even the most complex stairs, both indoor and outdoor, and can help you quickly revitalize tired spaces.
Stair Solution can help to ensure that stairs feel well integrated in the home. Most stairs sit adjacent to other important functions, such as hardwood floors, door moldings, entryway flooring or cabinetry; dovetailing those functions together is a great way to develop the craftsmanship and make everything count.
If your stairs meet hardwood floors, it’s important to blend the staircase and hardwood floors together, and choose the right stain for stairs and balusters. Floors are much more difficult to adjust than the stain on your stairs, so it is important to blend them as seamlessly as possible. Gone are the days of honey oak and blonde woods dominating the hardwood flooring in updated homes. Where these lighter and mid-toned woods were once the premier choice among homeowners, current trends steer straight for deeper, richer tones and cleaner lines. When hardwood floors are updated, stairs are rarely far behind.
Mike Keenan, Founder of Stair Solution, LLC, explains, “The staircase is the heart of your home and the first impression. Should the environment need transition to modern we can integrate metal ornaments or stainless steel with the warmth of wood. For the traditional, we elevate the trim package to reflect a richer look. We have remodeled staircases and installed iron balusters throughout the Southeast, and we enjoy working with homeowners to elevate their spaces with customized finishes.”
When remodeling any stair system, either interior or exterior, Stair Solution can assist homeowners with the following:
- Stress and Safety – We take a toll on our stairs, and in some cases they may need renovating or refinishing. We will look for boards that move, and boards with cracks or warping. We also check rails and balusters for sturdiness.
- Efficiency – If you have a large home and only have one set of stairs, you probably have to travel to the other side of the house and back again to go up to the level above. Adding another staircase can improve your convenience. This is also something to consider if you’re planning an addition to your home.
- Railings – You can change the whole look of the stairwell by changing the length, angle, height, or style. Using a combination of wood and metal for railing and banister materials has become quite popular with staircase designs.
- Maximizing Space – The amount of room your staircase takes up could be changed to maximize the space for something else. Check into a spiral staircase or one with a landing that reverses direction of travel.
- Walls – One way to open up space is to remove all or part of a staircase wall, particularly easy to achieve when the wall is not load-bearing.
- Codes – Depending on when your house was built, the zoning requirements for railings and banisters have probably changed. Stair Solution will ensure your ideas are within code.
To schedule a free consultation or to visit Stair Solution’s showroom, call 770.767.0573 or send a message to ironmike(at)stairsolution(dot)com. Stair Solution will review project books, catalogs, and provide expert advice at homes to explore the color, texture, and style.
About Stair Solution
Stair Solution specializes in residential and commercial handrail systems for interior or exterior, including spiral stair kits and stair parts. Residential staircase makeovers include color and/or style change, decorative iron balusters or hardwood steps. Additional capabilities include custom fabrication of metal staircases (mono stringer) with horizontal stainless steel handrail systems or exterior, “maintenance free” metal rail systems for deck, porches or entry ways including spiral staircase. http://www.stairsolution.com