Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 12, 2015
The Boeing Co. has partnered with two leading health care systems in the Puget Sound, Washington, region — Providence-Swedish Health Alliance and UW Medicine Accountable Care Network — to change the way health care is delivered. This new arrangement is called the Preferred Partnership and is among the past year’s most innovative ventures. The May 21 Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) webinar, "Boeing’s Direct-to-Employee Benefits Model: A Case Study for Plans and Purchasers," will discuss how this new business model can create high-value care through aggressive care management and select provider networks.
Joseph Gifford, M.D., chief executive of the Providence-Swedish Health Alliance, and Jeff White, director of health care strategy and policy at Boeing will present for 60 minutes and follow with 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. They will provide insider perspectives on key questions such as:
- What are the pros and cons of this direct-to-employee arrangement versus other ACO models?
- What is the administrator’s role in a direct-to-employee model?
- How are the providers in this model contracting with Boeing? What are the incentives?
- Who profits from this new initiative? Who stands to lose?
- How do the providers contract with health plans outside the Preferred Partnership in the same region? What impact are the Boeing incentives having on the larger Seattle-area marketplace?
- What plan designs are the Preferred Partnership offering?
- What were the major problems to resolve in launching the Boeing program? What are the keys to success for employers, providers and health plans?
- What results have the Preferred Partnership achieved thus far? What plans do they have for expansion?
- What are the characteristics of Boeing that make this arrangement work? Is this program suitable only to highly concentrated groupings of workers, like that of Boeing in Seattle, or would permutations work with different geography?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5m12_052115 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.