Arlington, Virginia (PRWEB) May 02, 2015
The Marine Corps Association & Foundation held the 12th Annual MCA&F C4 Awards Dinner on April 30 in conjunction with Brigadier General Kevin J. Nally, Director, C4/Chief Information Officer of the Marine Corps. The dinner was held at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington, Virginia and provided the opportunity to recognize top performing C4 community Marines in 2014.
The evening’s guest speaker, LtGen Glenn M. Walters, Deputy Commandant for Programs and Resources, discussed the special contributions made by Marines in the command, control, communications and computer (C4) community in today’s challenging environment. Following his remarks, General Walters helped present the evening’s awards which included the following:
- The 2014 General Alfred M. Gray Trophy for Outstanding Communications Leadership, sponsored by GDIT and the Marine Corps Association & Foundation was presented to Captain John P. Weitzel, USMC. General Gray, the namesake for this award, served as the 29th Commandant of the Marine Corps and was widely regarded as an innovator in the C4 community.
- The 2014 James Hamilton Information Technology Management Civilian Marine of the Year Award, sponsored by IBM and the Marine Corps Association & Foundation was presented to Ms. Julie A. Shambaugh.
- The 2014 PFC Herbert A. Littleton Noncommissioned Officer Award for Operational Communications Excellence, sponsored by EXELIS and the Marine Corps Association & Foundation was presented to Sergeant Steven S. Mitchell.
- The 2014 PFC Herbert A. Littleton Staff Noncommissioned Officer Award for Operational Communications Excellence, sponsored by AFCEA and the Marine Corps Association & Foundation, was presented to Gunnery Sergeant Marcus L. Jackson.
- The 2014 PFC Herbert A. Littleton NCO Award for Electronics Maintenance Excellence, sponsored by EXELIS and the Marine Corps Association & Foundation, was presented to Sergeant Jason T. Gluth.
- The Lieutenant Colonel Kevin M. Shea Memorial Unit Award, sponsored by HARRIS and the Marine Corps Association & Foundation, was presented to the Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force Crisis Response Africa 14.2 Communications Platoon.
A story, pictures and a video of the event can be viewed at https://www.mca-marines.org/c4awards2015
The Marine Corps Association & Foundation is the preeminent association and foundation for all Marines and friends of the Corps dedicated to the development and recognition of professional excellence and expanding the awareness of the rich traditions, history, and esprit of the United States Marine Corps. The MCA&F Advances Leadership and Recognizes Excellence by hosting award ceremonies, facilitating Commanders’ Forums, delivering Commanders’ Unit Libraries, publishing and distributing the Marine Corps Gazette and Leatherneck, and by providing quality uniforms and accessories at the best value. The MCA&F understands and respects the achievements and sacrifices made by Marines and their families while serving this great nation. For more information, visit http://www.mca-marines.org