Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 05, 2015
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), publisher of Health Plan Week, AIS’s Directory of Health Plans, and other industry-leading health care business publications, is pleased to announce its new monthly newsletter, AIS’s Value-Based Care News. Written for health plans, hospitals and health systems, physician groups, pharma companies and their advisers, AIS’s Value-Based Care News covers accountable care organizations (ACOs), medical homes, bundled payments, coordinated care, global payments and other innovative arrangements that can help organizations improve quality of care, lower costs and grow market share.
Value-based care has proliferated over the past few years and the pace is about to quicken, as providers and payers nationwide are partnering to create new organizations and payment systems, new clinical and IT infrastructure, and an alignment of physicians and other providers that will give them a competitive edge. And the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) plan to expand its Pioneer ACO and Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) will continue to fuel industry growth.
Featuring the pros and cons of various strategies for different types of organizations, AIS’s Value-Based Care News provides expert insights into questions such as:
- Why are PPOs the next line of attack for payers looking to expand provider risk sharing in value-based care models?
- Will CMS’s reforms to MSSP go far enough to overcome flaws with benchmarking in the original design?
- How are private payers and CMS handling sky-high drug costs in experimenting with oncology shared-risk programs?
- What results are payers already seeing from shared savings, episode-based payment and other value-based models?
- Will other states follow the lead of Minnesota and Colorado in expanding shared-savings arrangements to Medicaid programs?
- Why have exchange-based plans been slow to adopt ACOs and other value-based networks?
- Why aren’t specialty pharmacy providers ready to partner with value-based providers on integrated data and population health management services?
- How are value-based insurance products performing in the market?
- How quickly will outcomes-based contracts between pharmaceutical companies and large value-based providers proliferate?
For more information and to read the brand-new May issue, which includes articles about how hospitals are partnering on population health initiatives, what the new law repealing the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) physician payment formula means for ACOs, and more, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/value-based-care-news.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.