Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) May 07, 2015
NCPDP, the not-for-profit pharmacy standards development organization, announced today highlights of its 2015 Annual Technology & Business Conference, including election results. The 38th Annual Conference, which delivered on its theme, Creative Collisions. Sustainable Solutions., was bookended with exceptional keynote sessions, rounded out by 14 educational track sessions, casual networking events, and an island-themed closing night celebration.
The opening keynote, “Policy, Politics and People,” featured an outstanding industry thought leader panel composed of: Thomas R. Bizzaro, R.Ph. (Moderator), Vice President, Health Policy, FDB (First Databank, Inc.), and Past BOT Chair, NCPDP; Mary Jo Carden, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP); Jim Bialick, President, Patient Safety Movement Foundation and Patient Safety Movement Coalition; Brandi Greenberg, Managing Director, The Advisory Board Company. The second keynote presentation was delivered by Carey Lohrenz, the first female F-14 Tomcat pilot, on day 2 of the conference.
Other conference highlights included the passing of the gavel ceremony, at which incoming Chair, Michele Vilaret Davidson, R.Ph., challenged all NCPDP members to find 2 more volunteer hours each month so that the organization can continue to deliver solutions that address business needs and improve patient safety.
- Michele Vilaret Davidson, R.Ph., Manager, Pharmacy Technical Standards, Development and Policy, Walgreen Co., was appointed chair of the NCPDP Board of Trustees.
- Perry Lewis, Vice President, Industry Relations, CoverMyMeds, LLC, was newly elected to the Board of Trustees and appointed vice-chair.
- Other newly elected Board Members include: Sharon Gruttadauria, Director, Industry Standards, CVS Health; and Kay Morgan, VP Drug Products & Industry Standards, Elsevier.
- Laurie Littlecreek, Senior Director, Retail Network Operations, Express Scripts; and Mara N. Mitchel, SVP, Strategic Operations, Magellan Rx Management, were re-elected to the Board for a second term.
- Board of Trustees already serving include: Richard Klein Brook, Vice President, Pharmacy and Sales, Emdeon; John W. Hill, MBA, HCM, Vice President, Strategic Relations, Argus Health Systems, Inc.; Russell B. Keith (Rusty), SVP, Business Development, OmniSYS, LLC; Nancy J. Nemes, Manager, Medicare Operations, Catamaran; Scott M. Robertson R.Ph. PharmD, Principal Technology Consultant, Kaiser Permanente; Darren K. Townzen, R.Ph., MBA, Director of Billing, Reconciliation & Healthcare Data, Walmart.
- Outgoing Board members include: Thomas R. Bizzaro R.Ph., VP, Health Policy & Industry Relations, FDB (First Databank, Inc.); Dale A. Chamberlain, President, Gateway Pharmacy Consulting, LLC; Alan K. Gardner, MBA, SVP, Operations, RxResults, LLC; and Damon R. Tressler, Senior Director, Medicare Program Services, CVS Health.
- NCPDP named Damon R. Tressler, Senior Director, Medicare Program Services, CVS Health, as recipient of its prestigious TIME (The Individual Member Excellence) Award.
- Tim McNeil, Director, Standards, Surescripts, LLC, was presented the Benjamin D. Ward Distinguished Member Award.
- Jessica Byrne, Senior Project Manager, Express Scripts, received the Rising Star Award.
- NCPDP also named Joseph Fine, R.Ph., Technical Director, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the recipient of its inaugural Champion award, established to recognize an individual or team for outstanding accomplishments or work within the industry to improve patient care by actively supporting NCPDP initiatives.
NCPDP’s 39th Annual Technology & Business Conference will be held May 2-4, 2016 at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Download NCPDP’s 2014 Annual Report, Sustaining a Culture of Transformation: People. Process. Progress. at http://www.ncpdp.org/About-us/annual-reports.aspx.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with 1,600 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 76,000 pharmacies, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than two million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call (480) 477-1000.