Our first ever email conversion data in this quarter’s report provides actionable insights for email marketers looking to understand how their efforts across all devices bridge to actual sales.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 06, 2015
Consumers not only open more emails on mobile devices than desktop, they are increasingly making mobile purchases, too, according to new research by Movable Ink, the contextual experience engine for innovative email marketers.
Movable Ink’s quarterly U.S. Consumer Device Preference Report provides deep insights into consumers’ adoption and use of smartphones, tablets and desktop computers, and how they engage with email while using their preferred devices.
The Q1 2015 report shows that iPhones alone account for 31% of email conversions and continue to gain on desktop, which makes up 37%. Combined mobile (iPhone, Android and tablets) account for 63% of conversions, but Android lags at 18%. The Q1 report also broke down email opens by device, time of day, industry vertical and geography, as well as the length of time consumers read an email per device.
“Our first ever email conversion data in this quarter’s report provides actionable insights for email marketers looking to understand how their efforts across all devices bridge to actual sales,” said Vivek Sharma, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Movable Ink. “Armed with this level of data, marketers can craft content and engage with consumers one-to-one in ways that provide the best experiences and path to sale.”
Key findings include:
- Consumers aren’t afraid to convert on mobile. An analysis of 57,986 emails showed that 31% of conversions from email occurred on iPhones, compared to 37% on desktops.
- Mobile opens are higher than ever. This trend continues, with the number of email opens on tablets and smartphones surpassed 67% of total opens.
- Every state is mobile first. In Q1 2015, consumers in every state opened more emails on mobile devices than on desktops.
- iPhone users are less patient than Android users. Only 35% of iPhone users spent 15+ seconds on the average email, compared to 54% of Android phone users.
- Mondays are the least mobile days of the week. On Mondays, only 37% of email opens happened on mobile devices. On Sunday, mobile opens rise to 54% of total email opens.
- Some industries are more mobile than others. Internet services (48%) and Retail (58%) ranked the highest for mobile email opens.
The full report is available as a free download here.
About the Q1 2015 Movable Ink US Consumer Device Preference Report
The US Consumer Device Preference Report is based on data collected through Movable Ink’s agileEMAIL platform between January 1, 2015 – March 30, 2015. They reflect aggregate statistics across Movable Ink’s customer base, which includes more than 250 enterprise B2C marketers from the retail, travel, financial, media, and telecommunication industries and account for 1.2 billion email opens across the country. Because determining email opens requires images to load, the percentages for some devices might be over or underrepresented.
About Movable Ink
Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered the application of contextual experiences to email. Movable Ink clients can use any email service provider to deliver dynamic content that changes, in real-time, according to the context of each individual consumer. More than 250 innovative brands including The Wall Street Journal, eBay, Finish Line and Saks Fifth Avenue use Movable Ink to Market in the Moment and optimize their email campaigns to drive ROI. The company is headquartered in New York City with an office in London. For more information, visit http://www.movableink.com.