Plattsburgh, NY (PRWEB) May 07, 2015
The Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau, a division of the North Country Chamber of Commerce, is pleased to announce the launch of the Adirondack Coast GeoTrail. Join the Visitors Bureau and geocaching enthusiasts Sunday, May 31st from 1:00pm-4:00pm at the Ausable Chasm Pavilion for the Adirondack Coast GeoTrail Kick-Off. The event will feature:
- Information about the Adirondack Coast GeoTrail and passport pick up
- Geocaching 101 for beginners - learn how to geocache with demonstrations, bringing a smartphone or handheld GPS device is suggested but not required
- Meet and greet with local geocachers
- Family friendly activities
- Drawing for two travel bugs
- 5 points awarded for attending the event toward your free Adirondack Coast GeoTrail coin
WHAT: Adirondack Coast Geotrail Kick-Off
WHEN: Sunday, May 31, 2015 from 1:00pm-4:00pm
WHERE: Ausable Chasm Pavilion, 2144 US Route 9, Ausable Chasm, NY 12911
Geocaching is a unique and fun way to explore the region with the help of GPS technology. Embark on an outdoor adventure through scenic trails and unique attractions on the Adirondack Coast GeoTrail. Geocachers will discover over 35 cache locations throughout the region including the shores of Lake Champlain, historic sites, farmland, a chasm, beautiful State Parks and much more. Geocachers will download a passport, receive GPS coordinates and begin their journey to discover the Adirondack Coast.
For more information about the Adirondack Coast GeoTrail Kick-Off contact Amber Parliament by e-mail at amberp(at)northcountrychamber(dot)com or by phone at 518.563.1000.