Due to the sensitive nature of what they do, they are often talking to members who aren’t very happy at the time. This is a well-deserved and hard earned award.
(PRWEB) May 08, 2015
Reclamere president Joseph Harford, CSDS, recently received the 2014 “Member of the Year” Award at the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID) annual conference in Grapevine, TX. Angie Singer Keating, Reclamere’s CEO, received the honor in 2013. NAID is non-profit trade association of the secure destruction industry that represents over 1,900 member locations worldwide.
The NAID Executive Committee honored Harford and five other members of the association’s Complaint Resolution Council (CRC) for their hard work and dedication in protecting NAID and its members.
“Due to NAID’s proactive position on ethic enforcement, these industry professionals often meet for hours at a time several times a month when required,” said NAID President Steve Richards, CSDS, of Richards & Richards, Nashville, TN. “And due to the sensitive nature of what they do, they are often talking to members who aren’t very happy at the time. This is a well-deserved and hard earned award.”
The CRC evaluates and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding alleged violation of NAID’s code of ethics. Complaints may come from members, non-members and consumers. These ethical complaints range from trademark infringement to improperly disposing of information. Members of this committee meet monthly to hear the cases, discuss the complaints, and recommend appropriate action.
Reclamere CEO, Angie Singer Keating, will address top issues in security at two upcoming industry events:
2015 Annual Pennsylvania Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Conference
- Dates: May 14-15
- Location: The Desmond Hotel, Malvern, PA
- To Register: https://pmgma.wildapricot.org/event-1764059/Registration
- Presentation Topic: “Top 10 Security Threats” – The usual attack vectors will again figure prominently on this year's list of security and privacy challenges for organizations of all sizes, types and geographic regions. Singer Keating will discuss common, yet central threats like lack of encryption, poor passwords, unregulated or excessive administrative and user privileges, social media, phishing and more.
2015 Annual New York Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Conference
- Dates: June 1-3, 2015
- Location: The Desmond Hotel, Albany, NY
- To Register: https://nymgma.wildapricot.org/event-1820867/Registration
- Presentation Topic: “Business Associates – The Weakest Link” – As outsourcing of products and services continues to grow in the healthcare industry, it’s vital to establish and implement a comprehensive vendor (Business Associate) due diligence process. Nationally known security expert, Singer Keating, will share tips and strategies for due diligence and risk management best practices, sharing the fundamental steps to improve your organization’s process and checklist.
About Reclamere – http://www.reclamere.com
Reclamere, Inc. is a data security company offering a full range of specialized data destruction and data security services. Founded in 2001, Reclamere is a leader in providing client-focused, environmentally compliant management solutions for end-of-life computer equipment and data destruction services in a unique subscription based model. In addition they are widely recognized for their robust data security assessments, consulting and data breach prevention. The Reclamere team provides services that save time, money, and minimize any detrimental impact related to improper disposal of IT equipment, as well as mitigating the risk of a potential data breach.
Reclamere guarantees the protection of sensitive information against data breach and data theft, while alleviating liability issues related to the environmental impact of disposal through the following services, all of which can be performed at their R2 and NAID AAA-Certified facility, or on-site at client locations throughout the U.S.